If you can't tell by that oh-so-subtle title, I'm a little excited. D'Laney seems to finally understand potty training!
Last night, Cameron saw that she was prancing around and took her to the potty, and she went! Just like that! This morning, she came and told me she needed to potty, and went again! A little later I noticed she had taken her panties off, went and checked and sure enough, she had gone completely BY HERSELF!!! And then she went again right before I put her down for a nap! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
This potty training stuff has been so stressful for me. D'Laney is really smart, at least I think so, and it made no sense to me that she would be so far behind when it came to pottying. I was told by many people that one day, she would just get it, and it'd be smooth sailing from then on. And that seems to be the case!
I'm a little anxious about going out in public now. Do I put a diaper on her for the next few days when we're away from the house? I'd sure hate to have an accident, say, at the wedding we're going to tonight. I don't think Jenny would appreciate it.
Also, I have a question for all of you moms of girls that are already in panties. Did your girls have, ahem, aiming issues? I did not think that would be a problem with girls, but in all the times that D'Laney has used the big potty, she's hit the bowl once. Is this something that will resolve itself with more practice? Do I need to take the training potty off so that she'll have a bigger target? Is all of this TMI?
Friday, April 23, 2010
Woo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!
at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I thought only boys had aiming problems!? That is funny! But otherwise, way to go D'Laney!!
Yay! Way to go D'Laney!
I know it is obviously different with boys and girls, but Hayden has to take everything off (shorts and underwear) to sit on the big potty so he can get his feet far enough apart to not pee on everything. This is a pain when we're in public, but he's not tall enough to stand yet.
Pull-ups can be confusing because it feels like a diaper so I went cold turkey except for nighttime which we're working on. I just always have a change of clothes with me.
Another thing I learned with my strong willed child was that if I continually ask him if he needs to potty he defiantly says "no", but if I rephrase and say "Don't forget to go potty" and put him in control then he would do better.
I am certainly not an expert having just done this myself so take this advice with a grain of salt!
Post a Comment