But not on here;) I just spend a couple of hours uploading a bunch of pictures to Facebook. You can see the Easter pictures HERE and some just some everyday sweetness of my girls HERE.
The girls are doing really well. Brynna is growing and changing every day.
She is such a happy baby and smiles constantly. She's not really laughing yet, but every now and then we get one little chuckle out of her.
She's trying to roll from her back to her tummy and gets about 3/4 of the way there. She hasn't tried rolling form tummy to back, but I'm not very good about tummy time. Just today she has started grabbing at the toys dangling from her play mat. She is really "traveling" whether she's on her back or tummy. She manages to get from one side of a big blanket to the other really quickly. It won't be long and she'll be crawling!
She sucks her thumb. It's the cutest thing, she doesn't fist her other fingers, she leaves them sprawled across her nose.
She's sleeping through the night! She has been for over a month now. She'll nurse between 9 and 10 and go to sleep. Every now and then she'll wake up again before midnight, but not very often. Then she'll sleep until at least 5, and the last few days it's been 7 or 8. I guess that means that she's ready to move to her own bedroom, guess I better get it cleaned up! Right now her crib is used as another dresser and Cameron's music stuff is all over the place in there.
D'Laney, on the other hand, has decided to quit sleeping through the night. I'm not sure when it started, but I think it was around the time that we took her paci away. She'll wake up 2 or 3 times during the night, and I'll either have to rock her back down or go lay in her bed with her. And she was still getting up around 7 in the morning. For the last week or so, she's been getting up around 5 or 6, usually as Cameron is getting ready for work, and I'll go lay in bed with her and she'll go back to sleep until 8 or later. There have been a few full nights of sleep in there, but not many.
Two has been a very difficult stage for us. D'Laney really tests her boundaries and pushes any rules we have set for her. She's stubborn, ornery, and smart, and that makes for a trying combination. I know that being consistent now will pay big dividends later, but it's exhausting! You know that ESPN commercial with Larry Fitzgerald walking around the office catching things that are falling? That's what it's like here, I follow her around catching things that she knocks off of tables, throws, spills, breaks, etc. with spankings sprinkled in where needed.
It's really not that bad. She's a very sweet, loving little girl. She never throws a fit, if she's tired and is told no, she'll cry, but she doesn't get angry. She has never once shown anger towards anyone, and we've seen no jealousy towards Brynna at all. She's smart and funny and has personality in spades. I love a girl who is confident and determined, stands up for herself and others. I think that when she is a teenager and a grown woman, these traits in D'Laney will serve her well. They're just really hard on her momma and daddy right now.
That sounded like a lot of complaining about D'Laney, didn't it? I certainly didn't mean for it to be. That kid is the coolest little girl I know.
Anyway, like I said, I put a lot of pics on facebook, and you can follow the links to see them, but here are two of my favorites:
Cameron is deaf, and cups his hand over his good ear when he's trying to listen to someone. She's like her daddy in every way!
She's concentrating so hard! D'Laney has a touch of OCD like her momma, and some things have to be just so. She really wanted to make sure her eggs turned out just how she wanted them.
BTW: I started this post about 4 hours ago. Since then, we've had three attempts at napping and one success, two snacks (not necessary for the kids;) and one baby rolling over for the first time! During one of the aforementioned nap attempts, I left Brynna on her back playing on her mat, and came back to her on her tummy, thumb in mouth, asleep. I missed it! I got D'Laney's first roll on video, and had my camera in my hand practically all morning because Brynna was so close. Oh, well!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
lots and lots of pictures!
at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OMG, she has grown so much!! You will have to call us when you come back to town!! :)
Thank you very much Amy! You are so sweet! We are very excited and scared to death! Morning sickness has been more like all day sickness which is horrible but what makes it worse is my allergies are going berserk! Itchy mouth, itchy throat, mucus, no sleep, deep hacking cough from drainage...and there is nothing I can do about it! My students think I have pneumonia...I'm not correcting them...lol
No, we're not going to get it right now. We bought a cannon before we went to Germany that's doing the job for us right now, so we're happy with that! We're probably going to get our dinning room table, a new grill for Bryan and some more small furniture with ours!
Post a Comment