A few weeks ago, I decided to completely rearrange the two main rooms downstairs. The smaller room we used as a living room, and the larger room had our office stuff, D'Laney's toys, and our big dining table, with no chairs. So I decided to store the big table, move the living room into the big room, and make the smaller room just a playroom. It's how we should have done things to begin with.
My sister paints things for the girls, and I used a couple of them for the colors in the room. Black, hot pink, and silver. There aren't many options to impliment the color scheme. I'm not repainting because of resale value, so really the only things I can do are add things on the walls, which I have, and change the curtains to black and get a slip cover for the little loveseat, both of which I still need to do.
I usually keep her little table on the other side of the loveseat, but D'Laney likes it in the middle of the room so that she's not stuck in a corner.
That blue loveseat has made the rounds in my family. It (and it's matching couch) is my grandmother's, and she's had them since before I was born. They've made their way to my aunt's, back to grandmother's, back to the aunt's, then to my parents, back to grandmother, etc. My brother has had them, my sister, and now we have the loveseat. It's like a great, worn out pair of jeans. The second we got it into the playroom and I sat down, I just sighed in comfort. They've really held up well all these years.
Bulletin board and some pictures.

Cadye's works of art. I have more ordered.
That treadmill doesn't get much use, lol. And that is my favorite picture of D'Laney. She was 6 months old, almost the same age as Brynna. Man, those two look nothing alike! I'm excited to get Brynna's 6 month pictures made next month and get one hung up beside this one.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Playroom
at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment