I've never really been one to follow trends. I resist things, due to pure stubbornness, simply because it's popular. Texting, wedge shoes, even this blog, were things that I didn't want to have anything to do with, and now they're a part of my every day life. You can add two more things to that list.
I kinda have a thing for *ahemtwilightahem*
What was that? Didn't catch that?
I said TWILIGHT!
I know, I know, I'm a little embarrassed. And it's really not a thing. Cameron and I finally watched the movies a couple weeks ago, and they were pretty good. So I decided that since Cameron was going to be out of town for a while and I might actually have time, I'd read the books. And I did, all four in about a week and a half. And my house might have suffered. And D'Laney might have watched a tiny bit more TV so that I could read during the day. I really don't know if it was the material, or if I was just wrapped up in reading again. I so love to read, and I haven't done much of it in the last 3 years. I'm not a fanatic now, I certainly won't be at any midnight showings of Eclipse or wait in line at all. But I might try to find a sitter and see it in the theatre. I might even try to drag my husband to it. He'll never admit it, but I think he enjoyed the movies just as much as I did (he watched them both twice.) I know the reasons that I enjoyed the stories had nothing to do with all the supernatural mumbo jumbo. I liked the fact that the kids weren't drinking, smoking, messing around, etc. It was so refreshing!
My other new thing, which definitely IS a thing, is Glee! I wasn't purposely avoiding this like I was Twilight, I just hadn't had a chance to watch it yet. Oh my word almighty, I am beyond hooked now! (It's not lost on me, however, that it is chocked full of the aforementioned things that I don't like, and then some!) I watched one episode last week, and then spent the next couple of days watching every episode they have online. I've always like musicals, and to do songs that are current! Love it! The singing and the dancing... the whole thing makes me happy.
PS: the whole "drank the koolaid thing" cult comparison was totally intended... some folks are still crazy.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I drank the Kool-Aid
at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Girl, I was totally like you in the beginning about Twilight! I was a Twilight snob! But then I went on my honeymoon, read the first book, and have been hooked ever sense!
Oh and Glee? One of my husband and I's favorite shows! We just downloaded a lot of their songs and sang them full blast in the car. No Glee shame here! :)
opps that should have been *since!
I haven't watched Glee simply because I know if I do, I WILL FOR SURE be hooked!! I might just have to go online and watch after reading this post though;)
And Twilight is still a no for me....I just don't think I could get into it....
you make me laugh :)
HaHa! You got sucked in too!!! I once might have said that I wasn't into vampires!?! And look at me now! I love the story for young kids. And I WILL be standing in line at the midnight showing, LOL!!!
Sincerely, Mrs. Cullen..........
I also was opposed to reading a dumb vampire book...but oh my goodness! I have read the series 3 times and have considered reading them for a 4th time before the new movie comes out. We might go to Abilene and watch in at the drive in movies, but not on opening night for sure, lol.
I got sucked into Twilight too. Breaking Dawn was a little much for me, but I had to finish it.
However, I've only seen the first movie. Garrett rented New Moon for me not long after Hudson was born, but I fell asleep!
We never actually go to the movies, but maybe I'll wait until it comes out on dvd. I'm still waiting to see Dear John and The Last Song. I'm so out of the loop. Ha!
Post a Comment