I have about two months worth of catching up to do. And not just any months, March and April, two of the busiest months of the year for us. So here we go!
~Our sixth anniversary was March 12, and Cameron got me a spa day at a ritzy salon in Midland. While the girls were in Iraan, I got a massage, a facial, a brow sugaring (totally awesome, look it up!)and a mani-pedi! He did a great job, it was awesome! For supper, we went to a great Italian restaurant. It's the closest to the food we had while we were in Rome for our honeymoon. We realized that, by accident, we had eaten Italian for almost every anniversary so far.
~The next weekend, for my birthday, we went to Gruene for the weekend. We love it down there. I like all the eclectic shops, though I wouldn't buy 90% of the stuff in them. I just like looking. We ate at the Gristmill, and saw Roger Creager saturday night at Gruene Hall. Cameron and I were front and center. I literally could have held his microphone for him! My love for Roger predates my love for Cameron, but we hadn't seen him since before we had kids. It was a great little vacation.
~When we picked up the girls on the way home, we picked up Allie, too. After the first traumatic day, I'm happy to say that Allie is fitting in nicely around here. Cameron rigged up part of the old fence, so she now has half of the yard to roam, instead of just that little pen. She's growing so fast! It seems like she's twice the size she was when we brought her home! She's really a good puppy, but we're having trouble with her biting and jumping when she's excited. It's just puppy playing, but the girls don't like it. They try so hard to be brave, but they're still a little scared of her. Especially Brynna. She's so funny, she yells at Allie, calls her by name and holds out her hand for her to come, but as soon as Allie starts heading her way, Brynna sprints back to me and climbs straight up my legs. D'Laney is a little better with her, but doesn't like the jumping.
~We've been doing a lot of work on the backyard. Cameron poured a sidewalk that leads to the dumpster, and we have the new garage/patio marked off. We still have to tear down the old garage, but we're having a hard time finding the equipment. Tearing it down isn't the problem, but hauling the old wood off is. Our little dump isn't open on the weekends, and Cameron has been too busy to take any time off during the week. I'm afraid we're just going to have to hire someone to get it done.
~We've been to baseball games, soccer games, and track meets this spring. I love that my girls are growing up around sports and competition.
~Are you still there? I know, it's a boring post!
~We spent Easter in Angelo. I loved, loved, loved the dresses I found for the girls! They were beautiful! I tried making Bakerella's cake pops, and they tasted pretty good, but they didn't look all that great. And it was an all day process! I definitely learned a lot for the next time I try to tackle them.
~Brynna had a well baby check up, and got a gold star! She weighed 20 pounds, and is just under 30 inches tall, both putting her in the 25%. Dr P was very impressed with her vocabulary and her signing. She got two shots, and did pretty well with them.
~It's been a busy time in our prayer lives as well. Fires have ravaged the Concho Valley, coming within a few miles of my parents' place, both of my mom's parents have spent some time in the hospital, and baby Harper made her grand debut and spent a few weeks in the NICU in Lubbock. I'm happy to say MamaDeere and PapaDeere are both home and doing much better. Harper is also home for the time being, but will soon have to return to the hospital for major heart surgery.
~I went to a new doctor about my allergies. I'll post more about it later, but let me assure you, all these hoops that I'm having to jump through sure better be worth it! I think they will be, it's just really hard to tell right now because of these horrible winds that we've had.
~We're kid free again this weekend. Cameron's mother was in town thursday, and took the girls home with her. We'll pick them up sunday when we go down there for mother's day and Cameron's brother's birthday.
~I guess that's about it. I'm sure only a couple of you are still with me! You know, I started this post about 3 weeks ago. I'm just still in a bit of the blogging blahs. I love reading other blogs, I just haven't really been up to posting myself. I wish there were some sort of technology that could take down what I blog in my head, cause I could keep up with that really well. I blog while I'm driving all the time, but by the time I get home, I've either forgotten, or simply don't feel like typing it all out.
~I'll try to get some pics on here later today, ok, Cadye? You can quit texting me that I need to update now!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Let me back up a little
at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment