Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update: Allie is home!!

Yesterday was awful. It would have been bad anyway, but I was super sick from allergies and super emotional from, well, I was just super hormonal.
Around 7 last night, we got a knock on the door, and there were our NEXT DOOR neighbors. One was holding the flier I had made, and the other was holding Allie! When they were leaving for work yesterday morning, Allie was trying to get into their garage. Since she didn't have a tag and they didn't know who she belonged to, they were just going to hold on to her for a day or two and see if they could find her home. They had no idea she belonged to us! They said, we haven't seen her out in the yard with y'all, and I said, well, we just brought her home last night!
D'Laney was so glad to have her home, and Allie seemed to be glad to see D'Laney. After getting her situated in the bathroom, the girls and I headed to town at 8:30 last night (bad momma!) to get all the essentials for her that I had intended on getting earlier in the day. She now has her collar and leash, toys, and food and water bowls that didn't come out of our kitchen. I didn't have all that before we got her because she was a surprise for the girls, and I wanted D'Laney to be able to help pick her stuff out. I couldn't find any tags for her, but I'm going to try to find something cute and unique for them anyway.
Allie slept in the downstairs bathroom last night, and only cried for about 15 minutes, then was quiet for most of the night. When we got up this morning, the bathroom had ZERO puddles in it! No mess at all, aside from the food she had knocked out of her bowl. D'Laney took her into the front yard and she did her business right away. I think maybe this puppy is already house broken! Too bad she won't be spending much time actually IN the house!
I "fixed" her outside pen today. Can you say redneck?!

It is standard dog kennel, which she climbed out of, with a storm door on top, to keep her in and let the sunlight through. There is a pipe preventing the storm door from butting up next to the fence, so there is a box, anchored by bricks, and an old "for sale" sign on either side of the pipe to close any gaps. The long box and wooden fence are to break the wind and keep her from digging out.
It's worked so far. She's been in there for the better part of the afternoon, and she'll start yapping every now and then, but for the most part, she seems fine.
So we're happy at the Holifield house today! Now I just need to get to the housework that I was too distraught to do yesterday. Boo!

2 comments:

Bryan & Chelsey said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's home! Can't wait to see pictures!

Linz said...

Glad you found her! That is a terrible feeling!