When I opened blogger, my computer froze. What, you want to blog?!?!?! hehe no joke!
When Brynna was about 9 months old, my cycle started back up, with a vengeance. I'll spare you the gory details, but I was practically bed ridden for several days a month. In June, I had enough and called the doc. After an ultrasound, she found that I had a lot of fairly large fibroids in my uterus. While they are rarely fatal, they sure do make life miserable, and since we had already decided not to have any more kids and I had a tubal when I had Brynna, we made the decision to have a hysterectomy.
Surgery was on friday, July 29th. It went really well, even though she had to do some unexpected work on my bladder. It was stuck to something, but that conversation is still a little hazy. My ovaries looked great, so she left them, which means no hormone replacements or early menopause. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up, but they got the morphine into me pretty quick, and it wasn't so bad after that.
I was able to get up and walk a little later that day, but I had trouble eating for a couple of days. I never got sick and never really felt nauseated until I smelled whatever it was that I was about to take a bite of. My stomach would flip once, I'd put the food down, and a few minutes later I would be fine. I was able to eat a little sometime Saturday, although I really didn't get my full appetite back until the middle of the next week. They were a little concerned about my bladder since they had to work on it, but as soon as they took the cath out, I was able to use the restroom, so no problems there.
I have really breezed right through recovery. The nurses told Cameron that they haven't seen a patient handle a hysterectomy so well, and to make sure that I take it easy. Since I am feeling so well, they really warned me about overdoing things and having a set back. And they're right. There have been a couple of times when I've done too much too soon, a haircut the day after I got home or a funeral in Angelo saturday, where I've really paid for it the next day. But even those days haven't been too bad. I haven't taken any pain medication in several days, just Motrin, and unless I try to use my stomach muscles for anything, I can't even tell anything happened.
The real test will be tomorrow when my girls get home. They've been in Iraan with Cameron's folks since the day of the surgery. I'm not supposed to pick them up for at least the rest of this week, and probably next week as well. My mom is going to come back and stay a couple of days with us until the girls get used to the idea. I guess now's as good a time as any for them to learn a little self-reliance! Missing them hurts almost as much as the surgery. While I've never minding them spending time with family, and they've never really minded either, 12 days is WAY too long for this momma. Think they'll get freaked out when I cry tomorrow?
I know many of you have been thinking about me and praying for me through all this, so I just wanted to say thank you. Oh, and the title? When Cameron's cousin had the same thing done a few months ago, someone told her they were taking the factory out... Cameron thought this was hilarious and has told everyone he knows.
Monday, August 8, 2011
Take the factory out...
at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You poor girl! Hope everything gets back to normal soon! I know you'll enjoy the girls being back! Don't over do it though! :)
Glad everything went well! Hope you continue on your quick recovery!
Post a Comment