I hate being pregnant. It totally sucks! I know there are lots of women who love being pregnant, who are never sick or uncomfortable and feel better than they ever have, and I'm really happy for them. I'm just not one of them. I love being a mother, and going through all this crap is a trillion% worth it, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it, and I'm not one to fake it and say, oh, I don't mind it too much. I do mind it, I hate it, and the only good thing about it is there is a complete cure... delivery. I'd rather go through the first month of infancy for 9 months in a row than through pregnancy again. But it's a necessary evil, like taxes, and I just have to bare down and make it through. But not without totally ranting about it first:)
Reasons I hate being pregnant:
- Morning, mid-morning, noon, afternoon, late afternoon, evening, night, and late-night sickness. If it was just throwing up, it wouldn't be so bad. When I was so sick with D'Laney, I wasn't nauseous like this, I just puked a lot. Now, I can't move without losing my balance and then my lunch. Smells set me off, sounds set me off, just the thought of some things makes me want to hurl. What sucks is that I haven't really thrown up that much, even though that's exactly what would make me feel better.
- I'm exhausted. I'm used to being tired most of the time, that's one of the biggest side effects from my allergies, but this kind of tired is completely foreign to me. There have been nights that I've gotten between 10-12 hours of sleep, and it's still not enough. I know that chasing D'Laney all day has a lot to do with it, but she's pretty low maintenance most of the time.
- Drinking water. I hate water, but I'm forcing myself to drink more of it. I was in the hospital for several days at around 6 months last time with a massive kidney infection, and I do not want to go through that again. However, no matter how much water I drink, I still feel like I'm just one coke away from another kidney infection. I can actually feel my kidney's struggling to work right. I guess I should go ahead and take the medicine the doc gave me for that.
- Speaking of coke... *sigh* I miss coke. Coke and I have a love affair that few experience in their life, and I'm on restrictions. I can still drink it, thank goodness or I'd have some serious withdraws, but I can't have more than one or two glasses or cans a day. It makes me so sad.
- I'm already showing. This really isn't such a bad thing. I still had some leftover baby belly from D'Laney, so I did have a head start, but my sister assured me this weekend that it's definitely baby bump she saw. What sucks is that even when I was really skinny, I have a very sunken belly button, and with the baby bump plus the layer of blubber, it's like a cave in the middle of my midsection. I actually put a cotton ball in there and covered it with a band aid the other day, and it smoothed it right out. I'll probably do that until I pop. Isn't it funny what you become insecure about?
- Apparently my body was much more excited about being pregnant than I was, because it's rushing to get back to the state it was in. My boobs are huge already, like seriously, a whole cup size in about a month, and the belly's already out there. All this means is that I can't lay on my tummy anymore. I have a very difficult time getting comfy in bed any other way.
- My stomach already aches. The baby goes through growth spurts in utero just like in childhood, and I remember every time D'Laney would have one, my stomach would be sore from the sudden growth. It feels like that all the time now. Maybe this baby is just having one long growth spurt, which kinda scares me, knowing the size of my last baby.
- My emotions are crazy! I pride myself on being a very non-emotional person, that's my dad in me, but I can't keep from bawling like a big ol' baby these days! About everything from a commercial on TV or a simple conversation with my husband to a very minor milestone for D'Laney. She has begun to string two words together, simple "Bye, Daddy!" or "more, please" or "no, thank you." Not a huge deal right? Wrong when you're crazy like me! I start crying every time she does it. I am super proud of her for using manners without being prompted anymore, but is that reason to cry so much I give myself a headache? And poor Cameron, he is soooo not used to this side of me. He kinda keeps a bewildered look on his face most of the time.
- But I do love that man. He has been so sweet. He still has to leave the room when I vomit, but he's always asking what I can do for me or if there's anything he can get me. Most of the time, all I really need him to do is keep D'Laney occupied and away from me when I'm feeling really bad, and he loves to do that. It's a very good thing those two are so attached to each other, because in a few months, all they'll have is each other. Not completely, but, yeah, pretty much completely.
I shouldn't complain so much, there are women who have much worse pregnancies, and there are women who can't get pregnant at all. I do thank God each and everyday for blessing us with another child, I'm just ready to be through growing this child. And I don't have to keep reminding myself what the end result will be, I get to watch her play and sing and dance and love on me every single minute of everyday. I just have to think of it in terms that I relate too: football. This is just the two-a-days in August. The throwing up, the dizziness, the being so tired you can't stand, all that will give way to the good stuff, the games. And I do love the game!!!

5 comments:
You are so funny. And honest. I love that! Be thankful about your belly button. Seriously. Both times I was pregnant, my belly button popped WAY out and there is no bandaid fix for that ! It was incredibly disgusting. The only advantage was that it completely grossed Timmy and my dad out, so I displayed it as often as possible!
Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it gets better!
I have the exact same kind of belly button! Blake and I affectionately refer to it as the 'hot tub' because it holds water so well (TMI???);] At least we don't have to worry about our belly buttons popping out.Blake refers to this as the "Cyclopse," and it totally grosses him out...He would seriously get the heebie-jeebies when he would go to my doctor's appointments and see lots of pregnant women with their "Cyclopse" belly buttons poking out...hehe:]
Hope things get bettter- And you're right, it's all completely worth it!!
I think we should write a book about all of the pregnancy myths that people tell you. The "glowing", clear skin, long nails and hair. I'm with you...I was miserable. I guess you have to keep your mind on the end goal. Happy Puking! :)
im sorry you dont feel good...but i love that you relate it to football especially with all the football you have seen in your life with your dad being a coach
Post a Comment