- Last thursday, D'Laney hit 21 months. That's 3/4 of her second year! I can't believe that in 3 months she'll be 2 years old, way beyond being a baby. She talks constantly, and we actually understand about a third of what she says. We can usually catch the drift of what she means, even if we can't understand each and every word. She has taken up singing again, and has decided that dancing isn't as much fun as it used to be. She still loves to watch "memu" (Nemo) and gets to often when I'm not feeling well. We get hugs and kisses all day long and D'Laney doesn't care if we're paying attention or not. She'll walk up behind us and hug our legs and kiss them. She's even more affectionate with her baby dolls, which is encouraging. She's ready to potty train, but I'm not. Not that I have any emotional hangups about it, I'm so ready for her to be out of diapers, but potty training takes more energy and attention than I have to give to it right now, so I'm trying to put it off until the second trimester.
- Speaking of the second trimester, I'm only 2 weeks away! I know that the day I hit 12 weeks, all this yuckiness isn't going to magically disappear, but I'm hoping it eases up a little. I still have more sick days than well days, but it's starting to even out. My sick days are really sick though. Yesterday was probably my worst one to date, but today I feel pretty good so far. I was even able to eat some toast and have a glass of milk without feeling like it was coming right back up. The baby is really growing right now, my stomach is really sore. I can't wear my regular pants anymore, and even my loose tshirts are tight on my tummy. I feel like I look about 4 or 5 months, not just under 3. But oh well, I carried early and large with D'Laney, too. We have an appointment on monday where we should hear the heartbeat. I'm hoping that will cement it a little more in my mind that I am indeed pregnant. I don't know what the problem is, I just still don't feel it. I mean, I very much physically feel it, but like Cameron said the other day, it's like we're just telling this big lie. Maybe when we hear the heart beat, or when we know if it's a boy or a girl. That appointment is still 2 months away.
- We've been traveling the last couple weeks watching Landon in the playoffs. They should play here in midland this weekend, but we'll have to go to angelo on friday for Landon's graduation.
- The oilfield is so slow. We're not struggling yet, but if things keep going much longer the way they are, we will be. We've decided to sell our house now, while the market is still pretty good and while we have some time before we have to sell it. We're still working out exactly where we'll go and what we'll do afterwards, but we've got some things in the works that look like they'll work out pretty good (and may even get us out of the oilfield, yay!) Please keep us in your prayers. Change is always stressful, and trying to get things figured out and settled before the baby comes is adding to that a lot. We're pretty confident and even a little excited about these possible changes, but never the less, prayers are always helpful. And if anyone is looking for a house in the midland area, we've got a great one!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
21 months, 10 weeks, and other things
at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Amy. It's Heather (former member of Phi Lamb). We actually live in Midland. We are tentatively thinking about buying, but have to work out some details. Where do you live? Email me at cnhbiz@gmail.com. Thanks!
ARe you moving from midland, closer to san angelo!!? Because that would be smart!!
Post a Comment