Thursday, June 18, 2009

so much to catch up on...

I have no idea why I've been in such a blogging slump. I sit down to post and just simply do not want to take the time. We've had a lot going on, a lot, but I just haven't taken the time to write about it. But D'Laney and Cameron are both gone, and my house is spotless (a rarity, but I'll explain later) so I have no excuse. I'm going to bullet though, because that seems to be the fastest way and I don't feel like trying to make paragraphs make sense.

  • Let's see, where do I start? It's been so long... I'll start with a baby update. We had an appointment on the 1st. Everything looked good, except that the doc couldn't find a heartbeat. I know a couple that lost a baby a few weeks ago at 12 weeks, which is really late, so I was kinda freaking out a little bit. She sent me over to the sono lady and she found the baby without a problem. It was just sitting so far towards my back that the doc couldn't get to it. We got to see his/her little face and arms and legs just a-flailing. It looks like we have another active kiddo. Cher (the sono gal) kept going back to one shot over and over and I was getting a little worried, then she said, "how far are you?" I told her 10 1/2 weeks, and she said that the baby is measuring 11 1/2 weeks. Because we aren't sure when this blessed event happened, we don't know if our dates are off or if I'm just carrying another large baby. (By the size of my huge belly, I'm going to go with big baby!) The doc didn't want to change my due date, so we're sticking with the 23rd of Dec, but if the baby is that big, maybe we'll deliver even sooner than the 7-10 days early like we're talking about right now. So as of yesterday, I am either 13 or 14 weeks, which means that at our next appointment on the 30th, I could be 16 weeks and we might be able to tell whether we've got a little boy or girl on the way. I'm not holding my breath though, Doc didn't say anything about it. We'll see, I'm so so so anxious to know. Even more so than I was with D'Laney. I've been morning sickness free for over a week now, so hopefully that has passed. I'm still worn out by the time that 8 or 9 rolls around, but I'm just going to have to get used to that. I've never been much of a night owl anyway. My stomach still hurts quite a bit, but I think they baby is having a growth spurt right now, so maybe that will lessen soon, too. I did feel the baby move for the last two nights. Both times I was just laying on the couch really still and I knew exactly what it was, no guessing the second time around!
  • Cameron has been out of town for the last couple weeks, and was supposed to be gone until the end of the month, but my baby is so good at his job, they are way ahead of schedule and he's coming home this weekend!! Just in time for camp!!
  • CAMP!! Actually, I don't know why I'm so excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I love camp, but in just a couple days in the heat the last couple weeks and I thought that I was going to pass out, so I think camp is going to be pretty rough on me. I am super excited about where we'll be staying. A good friend of cameron's bought a travel trailer a couple years ago that he lived in until just recently. This thing is almost as big and is way nicer than our first house. Matt hasn't sold it yet, and so we just called him up and asked if we could borrow it for the week. Of course he said yes, but it'll also be good exposure for the camper, he's wanting to sell it now and maybe someone from camp will want to buy it.
  • Mom came to pick up D'Laney on tuesday for the rest of the week. My parents love having her stay with them now that they're both out for the summer. It also gives me an opportunity to get packed and ready for camp without distractions or "helping" hands. It's also letting me rest up for a few days before camp. Camp really takes a lot out of you, and when you don't really have a whole lot of energy to spend, it's rough. I miss the little bug, though. Lucas, mom, cadye, and d'laney are bringing the trailer from angelo saturday and I'll just meet them at the camp grounds. I'm anxious to see her, mom said when she gets tired, she walks around the house looking for me saying, Amy?! Yes, she's still calling me Amy, and yes, I still don't like it!
  • I told y'all a while back that we were putting our house on the market. We got it listed a couple weeks ago and tuesday we had our first prospective buyer look at it. He really liked it and wants to look at it again this weekend!! He's about to get married and he and his fiance both love older houses. The realtor said he wants to live in Stanton and is not interested in looking at any other houses here, so she's taking that as a good sign!! I've been keeping the house show ready, which is a lot easier when d'laney isn't here. We're praying for good news this weekend.
  • The college world series is going on right now. I do love me some college baseball, and my longhorns are in great position to take it all!! I'll definitely be sneaking off from camp to catch the championship games at my in-laws. Hook 'em!!!!

I think that's it. I haven't' taken many pictures lately, but I'll look through them and if I find any new ones, I might post them tomorrow. I'll try to take a lot at camp, but don't count on it. Hope y'all all have a great weekend and a good week. Of course, I'll be seeing most of you!

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I want to see a picture of this "big belly"!!!

Are you going to be in San Angelo soon!?