Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm lazy.

I've never denied it. This word more than any other has been used to describe me since I was a little girl. My laziness even made it into our valedictorian's graduation speech, and I was actually a little flattered. I've had the time to blog lately, and there's plenty to blog about, but by the time I get my housework done and D'Laney occupied long enough for a few minutes to sit down, I just want to sit on the couch and watch DVRed episodes of Bones and Army Wives. I have taken absolutely no pictures of my child in I don't know how long. At camp, I didn't get either camera out of the bag I packed them in. Thank goodness other people took some pictures of her that I don't mind stealing. Right now D'Laney is asleep and all the dishes are done (that seems to be my neverending chore, how I hate not having a dishwasher!) so I'm going to attempt to blog. I guess I'll just go chronologically starting with camp.


  • Camp was hot. That's about all I can say about it. When I was pregnant with D'Laney, I only went for the weekends and didn't stay all week, but this time I thought, well, I'm not getting sick anymore and I'm not near as far along as I was last time, I can handle it! I've never done very well in the heat, even when I was in really good shape running CC in late summer, but we were going to be staying in an air conditioned camper and I decided to only go to one bible class and two services a day. I could handle that. Well, I handled it pretty well until about Thursday, and then I started feeling really really bad. I wasn't getting nauseous and sick again, thank goodness, I just felt like you do when you get too hot, only when I cooled off, I still felt that way. However, it was a great camp. D'Laney loved her bible class. I think there were 14 little ones in her class, all under the age of 2! All but a couple were kids of people that grew up going to that camp and will continue to do so until they die, so we can expect all these little ones to be coming year after year. That's encouraging, because the numbers are going down little by little every year, but here's a lot of campers in training! Our preacher this year was Michael Light from Bangs, and he is so good if you can keep up with him. That man talks 90 to nothing and spouts scripture so fast you have to be on your toes if you want to keep notes, which I didn't even attempt. We had something like 20 baptisms and several restorations. Our niece Loren was baptized, and asked her dad, Cameron's brother Jason, to do it. We are so proud of her. Last year our nephew Ryder was baptized about 3 hours after we left for the week so we missed it. I'm so glad we were able to be there for this one. A stomach bug tore through camp the last night and half the camp caught it, but thankfully we didn't. By then we were pretty much hiding out in the camper most of the time avoiding any heat at all.

  • We got home from camp on sunday and got right back in the car tuesday to head to angelo for a OB appt. Everything looks really good, I actually lost 6 lbs, but I expected that. Camp was so hot that I couldn't really eat much, but I did a lot of walking, which is good. I didn't say anything about the heat to Doc, I didn't want to get scolded for going, I just told her that since I was feeling better I was able to do some walking, which is the truth. She wanted to see me again in three weeks instead of four. The heartbeat was very strong this time, probably because the kid's already the size of a 3 month old! Cameron had to work so my mom met me at the doc's office and watched D'Laney for me, then took her home with her! I was able to get all my laundry from camp done and catch up on the hours and hours of sleep that I lost.

  • Cameron and I went on a date while we were childless. We saw Public Enemies, and we both loved it. The '30s and '40s are my favorite era and I love movies set in that time. Plus, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, brief appearances by Billy Crudup and Channing Tatum, um, yeah, I liked the movie!

  • Cameron got off around lunch on thursday and was off friday, so we headed to angelo for the holiday weekend. Cameron's family was also in angelo for the weekend, staying at his uncle's lake house at Ivie. We stayed with my parents, but Cameron went fishing with his dad friday morning, then both his fam and mine all met at Zentner's Daughter for supper friday night. After supper we took all the kids to the river stage for the Pop's concert. In my 25 years in angelo I had never been. I knew there'd be a lot of people there, but my goodness! I bet there were more than the 10,000 expected. The symphony was really good, I was a little surprised, and the fireworks were great. D'Laney was pretty ambivalent about them, they didn't scare her, but they didn't excite her either. She actually fell asleep with about 5 minutes left. Saturday we hung out at my parents then went out to the lake house for hamburgers and of course some 42. Sunday was the annual Cauley 4th of July Reunion. My grandmother was keeping count and she counted close to 70 of us now. Not everyone was there, but most of us. It's been 8 years since Grandmother Cauley died, I sure wish she could be there to see all of us.

  • So far this week has been pretty lazy. My air conditioner has been acting up for a few weeks now and I finally took it in. One little switch had to be replaced, total for parts and labor was less than $100! I was beyond excited, the absolute last thing we needed right now was to spend several hundred dollars, if not more, to get it fixed, but I wasn't about to finish out the summer with out an air conditioner in my car.

  • We haven't had any hits on the house. We've had a couple of people look at it, and both really liked it, but aren't interested right now, I guess. I'm having a hard time being patient. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only been on the market a month, and the last time we sold a house, the results were not typical (on the market less than 2 weeks, got more than we asked!) It's frustrating because we can't do anything until it sells, including making a final decision on exactly what it is we're going to do. I'm not worried, just impatient.

  • D'Laney. Oh, D'Laney. That kid is so funny. And she knows it, she's such a ham. Her vocabulary has expanded by like 10000%. She's stringing a few sentences together, we still only understand a couple words of them, but she's starting to uses phrases she hears a lot, like "let go!" and "did you see that ___?" At the mechanic's shop yesterday she and I were waiting for Cameron to pick us up and the owner gave her a little sucker. She would take a lick, hold it out for me to take a lick, then cock her head to the side and say "good?" I'd of course say it was and then we'd start all over. She likes to dress herself and put her own shoes on, and prefers to wear dresses. She loves being outside and has learned the fun of driving. Because we're on private dirt roads so often, she gets to drive a lot, and she actually steers and makes turns and everything. We've slowly begun potty training, but no results yet. She has sat on her little potty several times, but hasn't actually used it yet. This morning she sat there for like 10 minutes talking to me and reading a book, got up, walked into my room and proceeded to pee on my floor. I know she's still pretty young for it, but she's the one who's been pushing it. I'm letting her really dictate how we go about it until I decide how I want to do things. I think once she uses her little potty a couple of times, it'll just take a matter of days, but if it takes longer that's fine. Just so long as she's good and trained by december!

  • December seems so far away, doesn't it? Today I hit 16 weeks, I think, so I'm almost halfway there! Our next appt. is July 20th, and we'll nail down a due date then. We'll also find out what we're having!!!! I really really hoped she'd do a sono at our last visit, but she didn't. I'll be a couple days shy of 18 weeks then and she said the baby will be plenty big enough (as she looked at my huge belly and smiled) and if cooperating, we'll get a good shot. D'Laney did a little toe touch for us, so hopefully, this one will too. I've been feeling really good aside from the exhaustion, which I don't expect to go away for several years. I haven't been nauseous in several weeks, and my appetite is back in full force. I'm still having alot of ligament pain, but it goes away pretty quickly. I'm in pretty much a bad mood all the time. Not angry or yelling, just irratated and bored, really. It's a very strange feeling. I'm not used to not being happy all the time. That's not the right word, I'm very happy right now, probably more so than at any time in my life, just not chipper, I guess. Maybe it's because I'm so tired all the time. I hope it's hormones and it'll pass as soon as the baby is born. My belly gets bigger every day, and I know some of you want a belly shot, so by the time I finish this post, I'll decide if I want to take one and put it on here. But it sure won't be a bare belly, one 9 lb baby and another that's looking to be bigger make things ugly under this tshirt. I'm carrying much different than I did the first time. I'm still pretty much out in front, but with D'Laney, I stayed fairly thin and just had a basketball for a belly. This time I'm getting thicker around my entire midsection. I haven't gotten any bigger in my butt and thighs, but all the way around from my sides to my back have gotten pretty thick. I'm hoping it means that the weight will be a little more evenly distributed and I won't have as much back pain from having to adjust my posture. Of course my chest continues to grow. I told Cameron that if breast size is any indication of milk production (which I know it's not) this is going to be a very fat baby! My face is a little heavier too, that's the worst part. I'm feeling a whole lot of movement, usually in the evenings. It's still mostly flutters, but I have felt one or two sweeping feet or fists. I was telling Cameron last night that this kid moves WAY more than D'Laney did, and he shot me a weird look. He said that I obviously had forgotten how much she moved because it was quite literally non-stop. We'd sit on the couch and watch my belly lump and jump for hours, and on more than one occasion Cameron would grunt and scoot way from me in our little bed because she wouldn't quit kicking him in the back. And she sure hasn't slowed down since, so I'm soooo excited this one's a mover and shaker as well (does sarcasm translate very well when you read it?!) D'Laney is still pretty oblivious to the baby, she can't understand why she can't crawl all over me and sit on my tummy like she used to. She will pat my tummy and say baby, but I know she doesn't get it. But that might not be such a bad thing, maybe she's young enough to adapt when the baby arrives and forget what it was like before. I'm sure her daddy and I will sure remember, but maybe she won't. We've been discussing names and are completely stumped on a girls name. Our first son has been named pretty much since we started dating, but if this baby is a girl I'm afraid she'll never have a name. I would like her name to start with a "B", any suggestions? Any that I like Cameron hates, but he hasn't made any suggestions of his own.

I guess that's it. I almost wrote a novel, didn't I? See that's what happens, I go so long without blogging, then don't know where to stop. If I'd just do this more often, I'd write less. I'm going to steal a few pictures from camp and post them later, and I guess I'll go take a belly picture and post it right now. I hate pictures of myself, really really really hate pictures of myself. However, I do love the way I look pregnant. It's when I feel most at home in my own skin, when I look the most like myself. I'm just wearing a tshirt today, so it's not the most flattering, but you'll get the idea of how enormously huge I am for having so far to go.


See? Huge! Don't forget to leave your "B" girl suggestions! We need help!

7 comments:

A Teacher and Her Cowboy said...

your picture looks cute! i like the name bailey. that bug at camp was tons of fun out of my 14 girls 9 of them got it. it was so much fun to hear one of them wake up to getting sick from their bunk bed at one in the mourning.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Why "B"?! Bryan and I don't have a single girl name that starts with a "B"!! Sorry!

Erin said...

I LOVE "B" names, but all the ones I like Will hates (ya know, getting a head start on naming the unblorn children). I like uncommon names and here are a few that Will won't let me use.

Briar, Baylor, Braylon, Berkley, Brecklynn, Blair, Blakeley

As you can tell I like girls names that could also be boy names. I like Bailey too but it sounds a lot like D'Laney.

Shaunna said...

Thanks for the updates- I had been missing ya in the blog world!!

Hmmm...I can't think of many "B" names- Bella, Beth, Bethany, Brooke, Brooklyn, Brynn...Sorry I'm not much help!!

Can't wait to find out what you guys are having!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I opended that picture in paint! Added a picture of my own, and put in some wording!! hehe Not hard at all!!

Crystal said...

Such a random posting, so here is a random comment.

I love the new look of the blog.
I love army wives also.
It was great to see you at camp.
Let's not wish for December to get here too quickly, my boys will be ONE in December :(
Here is a B name for you - B'lynn, it kinda goes with D'laney. :)

Glad to hear all is well

The Jones' said...

Did you get the invite from Picasa to get pics from class? If not, I'll try to send it again. Here's a B name: Brylee. Glad that all it well your way!