I'm sitting here listening to the Lady Wall Hawk regional semi-finals basketball game on the internet. The game is here in Midland, but I had a cranky toddler earlier, so we didn't go.
I'm rocking my baby, my second baby, but I have knots in my stomach as if I were still playing. It's hard to believe it's been 9 years, 9!!, since our trip to the state tournament. These girls that are playing were itty bitty second graders that year, and now they're seniors and headed off to play in college. Gosh, I'm old! I'm so proud to be from Wall. I only went to school there for two years, but it will always be my hometown. Those two years were two of the absolute best years of my life. I made lifelong friends that are my dearest and best.
Way to go Lady Hawks! We just won in overtime, so I'll get a chance to watch them in the finals tomorrow! A win sends us back to state! Last time Wall had a team there was my sister's junior year, and they got second. The time before that was our team and we got third. So now it's time for gold! I think it was pretty understood that whoever won the game tonight would have the tourney sewn up, but there is one more game to take care of. Bring on Idalou at 1!!
Friday, February 26, 2010
on the edge of my...rocking chair
at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was the same way tonight, Amy! TEN years ago when I was a senior we made it to regionals, which hadn't been done in a long time. The next year ya'll went to state! Very exciting memories!
I agree....Best Memories!!
I wish we could have watched those games! If the girls win on friday, jill and i might be able to make the saturday game! we will see!
Post a Comment