I just worked out for the first time in over a year. But honestly, I haven't really done much working out at all since my freshman year at ASU. And boy, does it show! Not that I look terrible, I mean, I don't look great, but I have had two rather large babies in the last 2 1/2 years. I mean that it showed in how little I was able to do. I was winded and my muscles were burning after stretching! Over the last several years, I've been super motivated to lose weight and get in shape for about 2 days, then I'll find something to get in the way and quit. But not this time. I've said that before, but this time I mean it! (I've said that before, too.) I know what once I get to a weight that I'm comfortable with, it won't take much to maintain it, hopefully meaning I won't have to work out everyday. I'm pretty active chasing and playing with the girls, so I don't think I'll have to be a slave to the gym to stay fairly fit. I don't have to get back to my "playing weight" and I have no desire to be able to run a marathon or anything like that. I just want to be able to get off the floor without groaning and be able to wear whatever clothes I want.
Here's what I'm doing:
I bought these DVDs several years ago and have used them on and off(mostly off). There are several workouts included. I'm doing cardio mon and wed, and weights and abs tues and thurs. I did really good on these workouts for about a month, lost some weight and felt really good, but then I got pregnant with D'Laney and was so sick for the next 9 months, I could barely walk, much less work out.
For our birthdays, Cameron and I got this weight set:
It is so cool. It adjust from 5lbs all the way up to 55lbs, all in one neat little package. We both prefer old fashioned free weights to any new-fangled machinery, and this keeps us from having bar-bells all over the house.
I was able to do most of the weight and abs work this morning. I had to stop a couple of times to tend to D'Laney, and then had to stop about 5 minutes early to feed Brynna. I did all of the arm work, though, and that's one of two areas that I'm really wanting to target. The other area is my stomach. That will take a good long while, though, because it was just over three short months ago that they were being severely abused:
Yeah, they'll need a lot of work.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
I'm really going to hate this
at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment