Brynna turned 9 months a couple of weeks ago, but I was waiting to post anything about it until after her well baby on friday.
Here's what my not-such-a-baby is up to:
~has 6 teeth
~crawling, fast, everywhere
~standing for several seconds at a time, and sits down with complete body control
~has begun eating table food. I'm still making her food, but I'm processing it less, leaving it more chunky. She's also feeding herself some. Her favorite foods to eat herself are peas, carrots, green beans, waffles, mac and cheese.
~is drinking from a sippy cup
~says Momma... over and over and over again. But she's saying the word, not just making the sound.
~is very shy in public, but pretty vocal at home.
~waves bye-bye and beckons with a "come here" hand movement.
~is trying to clap, but ends up missing her hands and slams them on her legs.
~has the bluest eyes and BLONDE hair!!
~loves loves loves her big sister. She follows D'Laney everywhere and laughs at everything she does and says.
Brynna got a gold star from Dr. Patyrak. He was very impressed with her gross motor skills, saying she was about 3 notches higher than was average for her age, and is absolutely healthy... except for her weight. She had only gained 3 ounces in 2 months. Now, it's not uncommon for babies her age to have not gained much during this stage, due to crawling and becoming so much more active. But it's usually more than 3 oz. I wondered not if, but when we were going to get this report. You might remember this, when D'Laney turned a year and my milk had apparently dried up, with out my knowing, and D'Laney wasn't getting the nutrition she needed. I had intended to ask Dr. P about going ahead and starting Brynna on whole milk now, I really wanted to skip formula. He basically said that we needed to do something different, that my milk was probably beginning to dry up. He said that since she is only 9 months, starting her on whole milk is fine as long as I supplement with a poly-vi-sol multivitamin with iron until she is a year. So we've begun the weaning process. Brynna loves milk, which I'm so glad for. I'm still nursing her 2 or 3 times a day, when it's time for her to sleep. I don't think that putting her down without nursing her will be much of an adjustment, but I wanted to wean a little less abruptly this time, and thought since she usually falls asleep at the breast, those would be the best times to keep nursing. And let me assure you, my milk is just beginning to dry up, I'm still producing, and even though Brynna is still nursing some, I'm in so much pain! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do NOT envy large chested women. Hopefully over the next couple days my body will take the hint and stop producing so much and cutting back will be a little easier.
Other than that, Brynna is doing so well. She has the sweetest, gentlest personality. I never knew that two siblings could be so different, but their last name is about all my girls have in common. They have such different looks, mannerisms, and personalities, and I love it. I think it will balance very well.
I'm starting to plan Brynna's first birthday party. I'm so excited! I love planning parties.
OH! I wanted to wish a huge congratulations to Lane and Page Boyd! Baby Sawyer was born yesterday! Bless this sweet boy, he has 3 older sisters! But I know they'll love him to pieces. Page let Lane chose Sawyer's name, and he didn't even tell HER until he was born! I could never have done that, but I could never be super mom to 4 kids in 5 years either, and Page does it so well! So congrats Boyds, we love you and are so happy for all 6 of you!!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
9 months!!
at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Since your planning a party, have you seen this blog on my sidebar?
http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.comIt is the cutest party blog ever!!! It's quite fancy, though, but you can get some super cute ideas!!!
I'm already dreading the weaning process. It was easy with Hayden because he had been taking bottles at daycare, but Hudson is EXTREMELY attached. I'm more worried about that the pain, although I know that will not be fun either!
Post a Comment