When we moved in to this house, the room that we put D'Laney in had a really cute purple swirl paint job. That is, it was cute if you like purple. I don't. I don't know why, but for some reason I have always despised the color, absolutely hate it. Since D'Laney's bedding was black and red and ladybugs, I had intended to paint the room to match her bedding, but I never got around to it. When we were expecting Brynna and moved D'Laney out of the nursery furniture, I bought yet another Ladybug bedding set, this time for a full size bed. Both sets of bedding clashed horribly with the purple swirls. So a few weeks ago, I decided to forgo painting the room and embrace the purple, and bought bedding that complimented it, instead of matching it. I just don't think I could have handled that much purple.
Right next to the door, these little flowers had been painted on the wall. I took cues from it when it came to the bedding.
I happened to already have blue sheets the same color as the flower pots. I pulled yellow from the faces, pink from the petals, and threw in some green.
I decided to go with solids, because I like simple, but also so that each of the pieces could be used separately with different schemes. I got the down blanket, shams, skirt, and accent pillows from Target.
The letters for her name were already green, matching some trim in her Ladybug bedding. They fit in with the new stuff pretty well.
We still have lots of Laney-bug's through out her room.
I absolutely love this little ceramic ladybug night light. I hope that it is something D'Laney always has in her room.
This little nook is where the girls read. I'd love to say that all the books are always neatly lined up on the book shelf and the large stuffed animals line up neatly as well, but I don't like to lie.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
D'Laney's bedroom
at 11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment