Monday, July 21, 2008

11 months

Today my little Laney-bug is 11 months old. While it seems she's always been in our lives, they have really flown by. She is now talking, sort of. She has about 5 or 6 words in her vocabulary, but her favorite word by far is Daddy. And she's learning how to control the pitch of her voice, so she goes around all day saying daddy high, then low, then in between, then half and half.
She took two little steps a couple days ago, though I'm not calling it her first steps just yet. D'Laney has been standing by herself for a couple weeks now, and saturday she lifted her right foot then put it back down in the exact same spot, then did the same with her left. So she didn't actually go anywhere, but she did keep her balance during the whole ordeal without holding on to anything. Poor Cameron was pretty upset that he missed it, but I happened to have been on the phone with him when she did it, and that's better than a lot of dad's get.
We're still way behind on foods, but I'm not too worried about it. She's still nursing several times during the day so she's getting all the nutrition she needs. Marlayna thinks that because D'Laney is putting so much effort into talking and walking, she doesn't have anything left for eating, and I think she's right. Even though she's small (most children weigh around 21-25 pounds on their first birthday, we're tipping the scales at around 17 pounds right now,) she's healthy as a horse, has hardly ever been sick, and I know that nursing has a lot to do with that.
I'm getting everything together for her birthday party, made some way cute invitations (yay scrapblog!) and it's gonna be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

WOw! I can't believe she is fixing to be a year old!!

Are you coming Shy's shower?

The Holik's said...

I can't believe it has been a year either!! That is so exciting! I can't wait.