Sunday, July 13, 2008

sunday six-pack

  • D'Laney and I stopped at my grandparents' house on the way back from angelo on monday and a 30 minute stop turned into almost 3 hours, but I should have known it would. I love the fact that all 4 of my grandparents are still alive, in fact, they're just barely 70, so they'll have many years with my kids. I knew 6 of my 8 great-grandparents, losing my last great-grandmother in november of 2006 at the age of 96, and I know how rare that is. D'Laney and whoever follows her will be so blessed to know these wonderful people.
  • When we were leaving, I noticed in their always present garage sale pile a little side table that looked really familiar, but not from their house. Granddaddy told me that it was from his mother's house, that he had made it in high school and Grandmother Cauley had it in her living room until she died 7 years ago. They were going to sell it, but I loaded it up in my car. When I got home and turned it over, my granddad had signed it around 1956 when he made it, and so had his dad, who I never met. But there it was..."Pop Cauley." It's so simple and kind of silly, but little things like that mean a lot to me. I have no idea where we're going to put the thing, but I know that we now have room for it:)
  • We finally got rid if Cameron's big welding truck. Because of the price of diesel right now, he hasn't even been driving it. We've been borrowing an extra pick up that his parents have. He took it to the dodge house in odessa and traded it in, sans the bed, for a brand new half-ton dodge ram. Not our first choice for trucks, but much much better than that monster we had. He has a guy that's supposed to buy his custom welding bed, hopefully soon. Our original plan was not to get a new truck for him at all, just have him drive that one of is parents until he gets a company truck, but we're not sure when that'll be. So now we have to decide if we want to just keep this truck or try to sell it out right. We'll have much better luck selling this smaller gas truck that a big diesel. Any one interested?
  • We're finally getting dish TV! I'm so excited I can't see straight. I had no idea how much tv I watched until I didn't have it. And I really don't watch that much, but like right now, D'Laney is asleep, dishes are washed, things are picked up, all I need to do is fold a few loads of laundry. A little TLC or HGTV would be really nice! Especially with our new TV, but we really wanted to save money and not get anything right now. Not until football season, cause honestly, a house of mine without football? Yeah right! So I called DirectTV yesterday just to check out their packages, get an idea of how much it costs so I can budget and get ready for next month, and they were running an awesome promotion that is up on the 16th of this month. I'm not a sucker that falls for promotions, there's always a hidden catch, so I asked a ton of questions and really grilled the poor guy. But I was very satisfied with what he told me, so I said sign me up! The technician will be here tuesday! We're getting 2 receivers, one for the living room and one for our bedroom, DVRs, the works! I cannot wait!
  • I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow. I'm ashamed to say it's been over 6 months since I've had one. I'm trying to decide if I want something drastically different. It's gotten really long, to my bra line, and I've never had it that long before. My husband loves it, but I don't think it looks very good. It's thick, but not thick enough to lay pretty. It's just kinda hangs there. I know that I definitely want to leave the length, but I'm debating...layers, bangs, curls? (Can you tell I'm really stretching it to get 6 things this week?;)
  • Finally, Cameron is off tomorrow and tuesday, which means in a way, I'm off tomorrow and tuesday. He's got quite a bit to do, but he can and will want to take D'Laney for most of it, which means momma's on her own! Maybe I'll get the toilets scrubbed or maybe I'll get my toes done, who knows?

2 comments:

JMMSchoenfield said...

Thats pretty cool that you got that little table.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yes, the table is definitely a keeper! Dish TV is awesome ... You will get a addicted to the DVR, and get frustrated when it's on Live TV! I thought it was dumb at first, but Bryan wanted it ... now I love it!!