Monday, August 4, 2008

It's been a while

  • Let's see, where do I start? It's been so long since I blogged! D'Laney and I spent all of last week in Angelo helping my parents get ready for their big move. Mom already had a lot packed so we mostly just moved things, sorted them once they got to the farm, and spent a lot of time sitting around being entertained by D'Laney. But I think with all the craziness, it was good for my folks to have a break. Two-a-days started today, so Dad wanted to get almost everything done before that started, and I think all they lack are the cabinets and some plumbing and they'll be ready. They should be in by the end of the week...should be.

  • We went to a baby shower for Shyanne and Kylee while we were in town. I didn't take any pictures at the shower, but here's the gift that I put together...


bath stuff for mom and baby

  • Cameron got a new job. He ran into a friend of his a couple weeks ago who asked him if he was still looking for a new job. Last John had heard was when we were trying to get out of welding. Cam said he had one, but he wasn't entirely happy in it. He got out of welding so that he'd be home more and wouldn't miss D'Laney growing up. However, in this new job, he's home even less. Because D'Laney goes to sleep around 9 and he usually gets home around then or later, they'll go days without seeing each other. And with a college degree and all his years of work experience, he felt like he should be doing more than just driving a truck. So anyway, John said to come by his office when he had a day off to talk to him, which he did, and friday John called and offered Cameron the job. This company installs satellite internet and phones on drilling rigs. Cameron's job will be to follow up on the installation, get tickets signed,make sure everything went well, etc. His job title, as best as we can tell, will be account manager/salesman/PR guy/ whatever else they need. He'll get a company truck, expense account, blackberry, laptop, the works. It requires a little bit of office work and a lot of field work. This job is truly an answer to our prayers. We uprooted everything and moved only to be in a worse situation than we were before. I think it was just God putting us in the place we needed to be until this other came along. I know Cameron is struggling with the fact that he's leaving the family business, but they all understand that when an opportunity like this comes along, it would be irresponsible to turn it down. So we're pretty excited about it. He starts in two weeks!

  • Let's see...what else...not a whole lot, except that D'Laney is WALKING!! She took her first forward progress steps on the 24th of July, 3 days after she turned 11 months. She's up to about 7 steps before she falls, but she'll stand right back up and try to keep going. She still crawls the majority of the time, but she's getting bolder with her steps. She's standing up and turning around without holding on to anything, and she's starting to catch herself before she falls. She'll stop, steady herself until she's back upright, but then it's usually only a couple more steps and she's down again. But she's making really fast progress. I know a lot of kids just get up and start running one day, but the majority take, well, baby steps. I have no doubt that she'll be walking really well by her birthday. As excited as I am, and as proud as I am, I'm also scared to death. She's already into everything, is lightening quick getting to things, and I know that it only gets worse once they're completely mobile. But I know it's just growing up, for both of us. I'll try to get some video of her and get it up here. I've got some on our video camera, but I don't know how to download those tapes onto the computer yet. All the ones I have on here were taken with the digital camera. But I'll get it soon!

1 comments:

Shaunna said...

Yes it is a growth measurement blanket! The woman who gave it to us got it at Kid's Village in Abilene. It's a children's boutique, and it's pretty pricey...I'm sure you could make something just as cute for half the price!

Hope your husband's new job goes well!