Friday, August 29, 2008

It's fall!

Today is the official start of fall. Why today, you might ask? It's August (still summer)... it's still really hot (still summer)... it will still be hot for a couple months, thus, still summer. So what makes today the official start of fall? Today marks the start of high school football, which of course is the most important element of fall. College football starts tomorrow, dove season opens monday, and it's only a matter of time before cooler weather hits and it's deer and turkey season! (I couldn't find a football background, camo will have to do.) Fall is by far my favorite time of year. (When asked my favorite season, my answer is always football!) My favorite holiday is thanksgiving and I love the cooler weather clothing. Fall also motivates me to get in shape. Weird, I know, for most people it's summer, but I always want to look really good by the time the holidays roll around, that's when you see a lot of people that you don't see very often. And with the weather letting up, maybe D'Laney and I can start walking in the evenings. That's the only exercise I can tolerate anymore. Speaking of the munchkin, she's up! Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!!

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Fall is my favorite, too. I love football and the cooler weather. The only downside is that Chris has to work a lot.