I'm a few days late for this post, but we've been a little busy.
My sweet Brynna Belle is 8 months! How?! Just 4 short months away from 1 year old!! This baby has changed so much in the last two months, it's crazy! She went from a quiet, timid, stationary little thing to a loud, notice me, into everything, totally mobile big girl!
~at her appt last month, she weighed 17lbs, 6 oz. (The last time I reported her weight, I said she weighted 12 something, when I should have said 15 lbs. We haven't had a massive growth spurt in the last couple months!)
~has 6 teeth! 4 on top, 2 on bottom, and she knows how to use them! She likes to bite my shoulder, hard! and laughs when I get on to her. Fortunately, she's only bitten me while nursing a couple times.
~With the biting has come her first discipline. Verbal discipline has only made her laugh, so I've tapped her hand a few times.
~still nursing, but not as much as she was. When we started solids, my milk production took a little bit of a dive. (Something else returned at almost the exact same time, and that was probably the real reason. And can I just say that I think it's totally unfair that I can no longer have kids, but I still have to deal with girly stuff like that!)
~anyway, lol, because of the dip in my milk, Brynna is eating solids four times a day. Oatmeal first thing in the morning, lunch and dinner of vegetables, and rice cereal right before bedtime.
~the cereal before bedtime is an attempt to get her to sleep better, and it's not working. Brynna was sleeping through the night at 2 months old, and not just through the night, about 10 or 12 hours in a row! But about 2 months ago, she started getting up 3, 4, sometimes 5 times a night. And let me tell you, this momma is tired! Finally, a few nights ago, she slept from 10:30 to 7:30, which was awesome, but the next we day we left for my parents house, and she's been up several times a night every night we've been down here. Maybe when we finally get home and get back into a regular routine, she'll be better about it again. I could really use the rest!
~she is crawling everywhere, and fast! Most of the time, she crawls on her right foot and left knee. She pushes up on her hands and feet a lot, too, and doesn't understand why she's not moving.
~she's pulling up on everything, and in her monitor, I watched her take about 4 steps cruising around her crib.
~loves walking while holding onto your fingers, but she's still way wobbly. If you try to sit her on the ground, she locks her legs and won't sit, she wants to be up all the time.
~her only word right now is dada, but it's not just a sound anymore, she uses it correctly. But she talks all.day.long. And she does this long, drawn out grunt thing that is hilarious. I thought she was going to be my quiet little child, but it looks like I'm going to be the only quiet one in my household for the next 18 years or so.
~sort of waves and says bye-bye, but I think it's one of those things that we think we hear just because we want to.
~loves, loves, loves her big sister, and the feeling is absolutely reciprocated. My girls are giddy when they see each other first thing in the mornings. It melts my heart.
~has the biggest blue eyes, the softest blonde hair, and is becoming a beautiful little girl... not that I'm biased or anything ;)
Brynna had to get in on the action of Sister's princess party, too. "If the tiara fits..."
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
8 months!!
at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment