Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a mess...

And I'm not just talking about my house. Actually, it's rather spic and span right now, except for the laundry. (I'm choosing to believe it's done, too.)
No, the mess has been pretty much everything else around here. Some of it has been good, some not so good.
The good mess is our wreck of a back yard. We've torn down 63% of the buggy shed, otherwise known as the garage, and we're just waiting for a weekend where Cameron can bring some heavy equipment home from the yard to get it finished, and pray no neighborhood kids walk through and the whole thing collapses. This past weekend we tore down the backyard fence, which was buried about 4 inches and the post were cemented into their holes. So now we have a small, waterless mote protecting our backyard from cats and hoodlums roaming the alley. Cameron plans to start rebuilding the fence tonight and hopefully get the garage torn down this weekend.
The bad mess has been our Internet service. It's been pretty sketchy over the last two years, but I fully believe in supporting small town businesses, so I let it slide. However, after 2 weeks of almost no service, I had enough. I cancelled and switched to a major provider. We got everything going and set an installation date. That came and went. After 2 days I called to see what the problem was, and after an hour and a half on the phone, we finally got it all set. As of yesterday, I now have even faster service, plus a brand new home phone line. That isn't working. So I'll be on the phone again as soon as my cell charges. Ugh! It's been almost a month dealing with the internet problems, and who knows how long it'll take to get the phone going.
Going without internet for a short time shouldn't turn my life upside down, but it sure seems like it does. I can't birthday shop (it's much easier looking online and then going to the store for something specific,) I've missed a couple of emails that I really needed, and I haven't had a way to check on bills, etc. So frustrating!
Ahh, that feels so much better. I love having this to rant on. My husband loves it, too, saves him from having to hear it. Again.
I'll post later today or tomorrow on what my sweet little girls are up to (hint: a lot!)

0 comments: