Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 year milestones

~talks. all. day. long.
~weighs around 30 lbs
~wears 3T clothes and size 7 shoes
~can almost recite the whole alphabet
~can sign several letters
~can verbally spell her name, but never on command
~pretends to write
~pretends to read
~can draw a circle and a square
~knows left from right
~has no interest in learning to tie her shoes (so we have no shoes that need to be tied)
~wants her hair down most of the time, but if it must go up, she prefers one ponytail, with a ribbon or a bow
~we haven't cut bangs, but she has a row of baby hair that looks like really really short bangs.
~hair is still curly underneath, straight on top (makes it hard to just leave down)
~calls her sister "lil' fella"
~still takes a nap, usually around 1 or 2, and will sleep anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours
~goes to bed at 9, and wakes up at 6:30, every.single.day, so I turn on disney in our room, she sits in the recliner and I go back to sleep for another hour or so.
~is very, very picky when it comes to food, but I think that's my fault. I haven't been very good about making her try new things, but she's getting better. Her favorite meal is meat of any kind, mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad with no tomatoes and only italian dressing. I can't say the kid has bad taste.
~likes to wear dresses, or nothing but panties. most days we go through several dresses before we settle on just panties. she especially loves princess dresses, tiaras, and accessories.
~looks so much like me at her age it's a little scary (but not as scary as how much Brynna looks like Cameron!)
~acts so much like Cameron it's VERY scary, lol. I'm kidding of course. A little.
~what I mean by that is she is very social. she'll talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Cameron is like that now, but says that at her age, he was scared of his own shadow and very shy. No one believes him, though.
~is very tenderhearted. she hates to see any other child crying or upset.
~likes to color, but doesn't even try to stay in the lines, loves puzzles, and playing with her baby dolls.
~loves to cuddle now, which she hated when she was younger.

there ya go, a short, scattered run down on what laney-bug is up to as a big ol' 3 year old.

0 comments: