Saturday, December 13, 2008

7 am on a saturday...ugh!

D'Laney is bright eyed and bushy tailed early this morning. Ah, I remember the days when I could just lay her in bed with us and we could go back to sleep even if she didn't. Although even that wouldn't last long.
Y'all are not going to believe this, I still don't believe it. My parents have had boxers for the last few years...Keida, a beautiful little brindle, and one of her puppies, Gus, named for Lonesome Dove, who was an athlete of a dog, except he still acted like a 2 month old puppy even though he was almost 4 years old. My folks were excited when they finally moved out to Maverick that the dogs would have a couple hundred acres to roam instead of small back yards. Well, a couple hundred acres wasn't enough. They hadn't been out there 2 weeks when the dogs ran off. We found Keida, but we never found Gus. It was just a few days later that Keida took off again, and that was the last we saw of her. That was in september, and since then, Lucas and Cadye (who are both back at home, lol) have gotten two precious little blue healer/blue lacy crosses that are sweet little girls. Well... Cadye called me late last night and said, you're not going to believe this. When she got home from work last night, who was there to greet her? None other than Keida! Just sitting there! Cadye said she's skinny, doesn't have a collar on anymore, and was a little timid, but she came when Cadye called and followed all her commands, well, both that she knew, sit and stay. She also said her breath was terrible, which makes me think she's been fending for herself all this time. It's been almost 3 months! I just can't believe it. That poor dog has been through so much, when I was in high school, she had apparently gotten into some one's sheep or goats, because daddy found her on the porch one afternoon with her butt shot off, hanging there. The vet was able to sew everything back on, the only effects are a massive scar on her haunches and her tail is crooked now, but it didn't hurt her any, she had two litters of pups. That's one tough little girl, definitely lives up to her boxer title. Since Cadye and Lucas have the two pups now, I think I'm going to try to talk Cameron into letting Keida come live with us. Our backyard is small, but at least she won't have to be tied up during the day. And she is the absolute most gentle dog I've ever been around, and that's perfect for D'Laney. But truth be told, I don't know if I'd be able to get her way from my parents, even if Cameron were to agree!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!! Glad she found her way home!!

A Teacher and Her Cowboy said...

its lillian and my email is
lilstar213235@hotmail.com

i know its forever long but it works