Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How long has it been?

What a week! Well, actually, more like what a 9 or 10 days! Last week, D'Laney and I spent the whole week in Angelo to help my parents get ready for 2 Thanksgivings. We squeezed a 15 month well baby in there, and I'm very pleased to report that the little munchkin isn't so little anymore! She finally hit the 20 pound mark, which puts her in the 10%. I was so relieved. She also hit the 30 inch mark, and is still in the 15% for height. Dr. Patyrak was pleased with the progress and told us that developmentally, D'Laney is in the 18-24 month range, so even though she is always going to be tiny, it hasn't held her back in any way. We spent the rest of the week shopping, cooking, and hauling dead sheep (daddy's having trouble with some wild dogs.) Thursday we had a wonderful day with my mom's parents and one of her brothers, the other one lives in Idaho. We ate entirely too much and watched the cowboys and the horns win big. Friday, Cameron and I went to town, without D'Laney, and got to eat and go to a show. We saw Australia, and it was great, I highly recommend it! Saturday, we had another Thanksgiving with my dad's side, although the football kind of spoiled the meal. Stinking Baylor, they just couldn't pull it out. And Oklahoma just had to win convincingly. Ugh, I can't stand it any time OU wins. *Sigh* oh well. Sunday afternoon, Cameron, D'Laney, and I headed to Iraan where we dropped D'Laney off. I had never, ever spent more than a few hours away from her, but it was time. I wasn't worried about D'Laney, she'll do great, but I was worried about me. But it's been a couple days now, and I only cried once, and even that was because of that stupid (but great!) new Darius Rucker song. Yesterday, I got most of the rest of my christmas shopping done, Cameron helped me put the tree up, and today I'm going to finish decorating, wrap what I bought yesterday, and take a nap! Tomorrow I'll leave for Iraan as soon as Aubrey is picked up and get my baby! I do miss her like crazy, but my goodness, it's so nice to be able to get some stuff done without little helping hands. You'd think this post would be loaded with pictures from the very busy week, but my camera decided to suck this week. It won't hold a charge at all. I'm going to buy a new battery pack today, so hopefully that's all it needs, and I can get some pictures of the house all decked out. The second I walked in to this house for the first time I couldn't wait to decorate it for christmas, and it's been a lot of fun. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 comments:

Angie said...

You have got to have the CUTEST baby EVER!!! And how did you do that cute photo card at the top? Glad to hear you and your family had a great T-giving!! Isn't it fun to have some time with just the hubby every once in awhile? Hope you all have a great Christmas...and tell everyone hello for us!!