OK, so maybe it's just Cameron and I that quote movies all the time. The one's I had quoted were Juno, Fools Rush In, Knocked Up, and Steel Magnolias. That's why my husband loves me, I'm obsessive about football and I can quote totally random movies like one of the guys. On to baby!
We were not trying for this kid. We were planning on trying in the next couple months, but God had sooner plans. We went to the doctor Friday and everything looks great! It's very early, but we were able to get a sonogram, and surprise, surprise, the baby is already measuring a little bit bigger than it's age. My official due date is December 23, but Dr. Hajovsky said we'll probably take him/her 7 to 10 days early for several reasons: repeat C-section, so early to avoid any chance of me going into labor, proximity to Christmas, the fact that we live 2 hours away from Angelo, and the size of my babies (D'Laney was over 9 lbs!) I'm so glad, too, because I was NOT happy about having a Christmas baby, but having him/her a little earlier (we're thinking around the 14th) will give me some time to heal before the rush of the holidays. The one good thing is that my mom will be out of school for a couple weeks, so I'll have both grandmothers able to help. This pregnancy is so different already:
- I've had a handful of nauseous days, but I've only thrown up a few times. When I was so sick with D'Laney, I would throw up all day, but very rarely did I feel nauseous. With this one, there have been a couple of days (both Sundays, too, isn't that weird?) where I couldn't get off the couch all day. I felt like I was on a boat in a storm. There have been a few other days where a wave will come over me because of a smell or the thought of a certain food, but it will pass. I'm cautiously optimistic that I've got good old fashioned morning sickness that will wrap up with the first trimester, but I'm prepared if it's not. I went ahead and got a prescription for the meds that I had to go on with D'Laney just in case I need it.
- I am utterly, completely, bone-tired exhausted 24/7. I don't remember being this tired with D'Laney, but then again, I wasn't chasing D'Laney all day. I go to bed early, lay down on the couch when I can, and try to nap when she does, but I still can't shake it. Hopefully it'll go away in the next few weeks.
- I've had heartburn that I didn't have before. But only when I eat sweets, like chocolate.
- I'm hungry all the time.
- Even though I'm exhausted, I'm nesting already. It comes in spurts, but I have overwhelming urges to rearrange and reorganize my whole house. The bad part is that I skip over regular old daily chores to do this. I'll say to myself, I'll clean out my jewelry box for the first time in 5 years, and then I'll wash dishes. Only problem is, once I'm done with the jewelry box, I'm so spent, I have to lay down for a while just to regain the energy to walk to the kitchen, much less stand there to wash the dishes.
- Which leads in to the fact that my attention span has shortened to almost nothing. I can't stand to do one thing for more that 5 minutes (it's taken me a couple hours to blog to this point) This was something that started when I got pregnant with D'Laney, and got a little better after she was born, but not much. Now it's back to getting bored really easy. I don't have the patience to fold an entire load of laundry in one setting, or wash an entire sink of dishes. I'll start 10 different things, then bounce back and forth between them.
- My body remembers being pregnant and has gone right back to it. My boobs are already huge again, which I HATE!! And I'm already having ligament twinges in my lower stomach. The doc called it "warmed up syndrome" which means just that, my body is already warmed up to grow a baby. The twinges aren't bad and they go way pretty fast.
Despite all these obvious symptoms, I'm still having a hard time believing I'm pregnant. I almost feel like I'm just making the whole thing up and telling people a lie. I've been sick, I've seen the sonogram and there's definitely the beginnings of a baby there, but it just hasn't hit me yet. Maybe when I hear the heartbeat or when we find out what we're having, which isn't until July! I don't think I can wait that long! I really really really want a boy, but if we're blessed with another girl, that'd be great too. Cameron has the feeling that it's a girl, but I think he just says that because he knows I want a boy so bad. We have a great name picked out, great nursery material already bought (you can't pass up 85% off at J. Wilde's, even if you've only been married a couple months!) and some great football genes that I would hate to waste!
I am very excited to share this baby with D'Laney. She loves baby dolls, she holds them correctly, feeds them and gives them juice, wipes off their faces and rocks them to sleep (I know they're asleep cause she turns to me with her finger of her mouth and says shhhh.) I have to remind myself that she'll be almost 2 1/2 when the baby is born and she'll be talking and should understand things pretty well, and that we're not bringing the baby home tomorrow in the middle of the stages she's in right now.
That's really all we know right now. It is still very early, I'm only a few weeks, but the baby appears to be rocking right along. Please keep us in your prayers, that I have a healthier thus more pleasant pregnancy, that the oil field picks up so that Cameron is less worried about bringing another child into his home, and that D'Laney just keeps being the sweet little bug she is and takes all this in stride. I love how Lauri updates every single week on the progress of her pregnancy. I probably won't that often, and I certainly won't be posting any belly pics (after a 9 lb. baby, not a pretty sight!) but I do plan on posting pretty regularly for family to keep up. I hate talking on the phone, so this blog is a great way for me to let everyone know what's going on with our 2 babies (that's still so weird!)

10 comments:
Congratulations!! You'll be a great momma of 2 :)
It's so crazy how those pregnancy signs and symptoms come on so quickly! Hope you have a happy, healthy 9 months- Looking forward to all the updates!!
I know you know this, but I am SO excited!
Yeah, We are just sooo excited for you!! Next time you are planning to come down, let us know .... we need a girl's supper!!
I was so ridiculously tired the first trimester. I never was sick, but I could have slept for 12 weeks straight I think.
Wishing you the best!
I love this! So glad you're having another! Don't worry-Noah was 9 pounds 6 oz and Ethan was only 7 pounds 5 oz-piece of cake! Keep us posted and congratulations! Cameron
Super excited for you all!!! Congrats!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Ok, I was totally confused with the movie quotes-- I so did not get that you were pregnant from that--- Im a little slow :)
Yay!!! I am so happy for ya'll! What a fun time in your life with already one little baby runnin' around!!! I am so excited for you!!! Keep the updates coming!!!!
Congrats!! So glad to hear the news!!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment