I'm working on a two year old post for D'Laney, but I wanted to post about her party! We had a great time. We had about 30 people over, all family from both sides. We ate burgers then opened presents and had cake and ice cream. As I've mentioned, my camera is no longer in commission, but my mom took some that I got from her before she left, so here they are!
If you've read Lindsey's blog or Marlayna's, you'll see that monkeys were a popular theme this year. When Mar and I were talking about what we were going to do for the girls, we kept saying, yeah, I'm doing that too, I was going to do that, etc... I ended up cutting my list of planned things in half, so really the only monkey thing was the cake. We just felt irresponsible spending money on decorations for a birthday party right now. But anyway, here are the pictures. I'm not going to comment about each one, but I will say that the cake was quite an adventure. I made it myself, as you'll be able to tell. I just free-handed the monkey and filled in with colored icing. It turned out ok, but it tasted pretty good. And I enjoyed making it, so that's really all that mattered. I also wanted to put a short video up of D'Laney and her daddy dancing. They do this all the time, but when he's holding her. Tonight, she came up to him and lay her head on his stomach and started leading. It was so sweet, if I were less exhausted I probably would have cried.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Party!
at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The cake turned out really cute! Much better than I could have done! I also like the "cute, but dangerous" sign.
What cute pics! Good job on the cake :)
That video made me cry. No lie. Just think...one day you will play that at her wedding. Yikes! She is absolutely adorable!!!!
Great job on the cakes!! all of ya are such great cake makers!! Love the monkey!!!
The dancing was precious! I bet your hubby just loves that!
Awww . . . that video is SO sweet . . . such a cherished moment between father and daughter! (Btw, are those highlights we see in Cameron's hair?) =) You'll have to keep that for a 'wedding slideshow' one of these days! =)
Post a Comment