Not only is it friday, it's opening night of high school football season! And we don't even have to travel to catch a game, my cousin Jordan cheers for Grape Creek, and they happen to play here in Stanton, so we'll get to see some family and watch some football tonight. Yay! The weather is supposed to be a little bit cooler, too, so maybe I won't get too hot. My dad is open tonight, so he won't start his season until next week. Monday I printed off Dad's football schedule, Jordan's football and volleyball schedules, Iraan and Ryder's JH football schedule, and looked up Wall's homecoming (that's probably the only game we'd try to make it to, and I doubt we'll even do that this year.) We try to make it to as many games as we can, but since we have to travel for any of them, except in the rare cases like tonight, it's not always easy.
People are weird about things, ok, maybe I should just say I'm weird about things, but I have always thought that the outfit your baby comes home from the hospital in is so important. It's in pictures for the rest of the kid's life, and is always a little more special than most other outfits. D'Laney came home in a precious, very vintage looking yellow sundress with little purple embroidered flowers and a matching bonnet. It was beautiful, and I want something just as sweet for Brynna to come home in. Since the weather will be a lot colder, a little sundress won't do, but I don't want the dress to be Christmas-y, her birth is way more special than some ol' holiday. I want something very classic and looks like baby clothes. I don't like a lot of frill on the girls normally, but like I said, it's a special occasion. So I'm on the hunt. Winter clothes won't be out for a couple more months, so I can't buy anything now, but I'm sure scouring websites looking for what will be released. My plan is to take D'Laney's sundress and whatever Brynna wears and put them in shadow boxes. I'm also trying to find just the right wardrobe for D'Laney to wear for those 3 days. I want something very special for the day Brynna is born, probably a big sister outfit of some kind, and then probably a matching dress for the day we bring Brynna home, but I won't frame it. All I'm thinking about are the pictures that will be taken, but don't you always feel like whatever going on is a little more special if you have a brand new, bought specifically for the occasion outfit to wear? Just me?
We didn't get a very good picture of D'Laney in her sweet little dress, and I'm still mad about it to this day, and the dress actually came out kind of pink in the pictures, but it was such a precious outfit, and the bonnet set it off just perfectly.

2 comments:
If you make it to Lubbock before the birth, there is an awesome store called Hollyhocks. It has the most precious outfits. They have some little dresses that look old (like 40's & 50's) that are cotton with smocking on the chest that look hand stitched with tiny embroidered flowers. They are so sweet and delicate looking. I'll try to find the brand for you.
heheh look at that face!! I bet D'Laney and Brynna's baby pictures will look a lot a like!!
I too am always on the look out for a cute "bringing baby home" outfit!
Post a Comment