Tuesday, February 8, 2011

D'Laney

~poor thing has had the croup again. She had fever for a good 5 days, and felt just terrible. She still has a cough, but the fever has been gone for several days and she's acting better.
~today said her first cuss word. I'm positive she heard it on TV. She said "what the h-e-double hockey sticks is this?" I could not stop laughing! She said it very quietly and very sweetly, and I had to ask her twice to repeat it, because I couldn't understand what she had said. Then I felt bad about making her say it over and over again.
~I really need to get this kid in some sort of two day a week school. She needs the social interaction and some class room structure. There is a church in town that also has classes for Brynna, but I want to make sure that it's not just play time for D'Laney. It's also hard to drive 30 minutes to town, drop them off, then either kill time in town until they're done, or drive home and then back to pick them up.
~She showed her first little bit of animosity towards her sister by pushing her out of the playroom. After her spanking, I told her to give Brynna a hug and tell her she was sorry. Bless her heart, she really tried, but Brynna ran from her, which only made D'Laney cry harder.
~still has no interest in letters or numbers. I'll ask her what a letter is on a shirt or sign, and I know she knows, but she just shrugs, says I don't know, and turns her attention to something else. I'm secretly a little glad that she's in no rush, though. If she learns to read too soon, my life, and the life of her kindergarten teacher, will be miserable. She'll be so bored, she'll act up, or talk incessantly like she does now.
~refuses to wear clothes at home. She strips down to her panties as soon as she wakes up. However, she must wear pajamas to bed. Particularly, a night gown with the disney princesses on it.
~won't let me fix her hair. And she has some crazy hair! When we're going somewhere, it has to be freshly washed and dried in order for me to leave it down, otherwise it's in a ponytail, just one!, and has to be straight.
~if you can't tell, D'Laney has a mind of her own! It's exasperating, but I gotta say, I love it.
~D'Laney has always struggled with whining, which irritates me more than anything else on earth. When she's sick, it's a billion times worse, and she gets very, very clingy to me. This past week when she felt so bad, she wouldn't let Cameron hold her, and cried for her mommy, which she never calls me. She wanted me to hold her all day long, and that was a problem because her little sister was also croupy and wanted to be held. D'Laney feels a lot better, but the whining and clingy-ness has not gone away. For the first time, we're discipline her using her room. To me, when she's crying, I don't want to spank her to make her stop, because that just makes her cry harder. Of course, sending her to her room makes her cry, too, but I just can't hear it ;)

0 comments: