This bedroom set has been in my family for a whole lotta years. My great-great grandmother bought it when she was older and moved in with my great-great-aunt, her daughter. I'm not sure of the year, but I believe it was sometime in the 40s. Since then, it has made its way down to my MamaDeere, my parents, and finally to me. I've had this set since I was 16, and when Cameron and I got married and I moved to his house, the bedroom came with me. We have been wanting to get a new set for several years now. The bed is just a full, which is really small, especially when you don't like to snuggle to sleep (I say, please honey, scoot over, at least a 100 times a night!)
The set is now headed back to my parents. They're building on another bedroom and an antique set will go perfectly in their antique, 102 year old house, even if the bedroom it's in is new:)
Here's our new furniture:
I'm really pleased with it. I'm not really picky when it comes to furniture, but it took me forever to decide on something! I think, because I'm not picky, I was waiting for something to just jump out at me and I say, that's it!! But that never happened. Our criteria was price and storage, and we got an amazing deal on this set. It's a king bed, which makes me very happy. We would have been happy with a queen, but we had some gently used king mattresses in the family that we could buy cheap, so there really was no choice. Do you know how much a new mattress costs? Especially a king! The mattress is super comfy, too, the kind that you sink down 3 inches when you crawl into it. Eventually we'll get a new bedding set, too. (Can you see the old valances still in the picture? I didn't even think about taking those down, oops!) This quilt is also a hand-me-down from MamaDeere, but I love sleeping under a quilt, and, after having a plush comforter for a while, I know that whenever we do get something new, it'll be a quilt as well.
The furniture fits really well in our bedroom, too. Our room is long and narrow, but it's like it was measured perfectly for this particular set of furniture. If and when we ever move, that might not be the case, but for right now, it's a great fit. I'm very happy with it.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Good bye old friend
at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love it all...and I love the antique set :)
We also have a full bed and I also have to ask Micah to scoot over many times during the night...except I don't' say please :)
Congrats on the new additions! It looks a lot like ours! I love our king bed! We can't sleep in anything else!
Post a Comment