~Cameron was sick last week as well. He was iced out at work tuesday-thursday, so he would have been home anyway. He had the same croupy symptoms as the girls, but not as bad. Although all three are still coughing a little bit. I really don't know how I didn't get sick. I had one of the three coughing on me at least 15793 times a day, and had two little fevered bodies curled up beside me 18 hours out of each day. And just to note, neither of my girls have ever been snugglers, and it irks me a little that they have to feel so bad for momma to get a little lovin':)
~we finally got a new master bedroom suit! I'll post more about that later.
~I finally got my chirstmas present, too... a Driod phone!!! As with all things, I'm a little behind when it comes to trends, and this is my first smart phone, and I love. love. love it. Cameron has a work issued phone, but still had a personal phone, as well as my phone, so we cut mine, I took over Cameron's number since it was a Midland area number, and he's just carrying his work phone. It cut our bill by almost half, even with the data package I now have to have! BTW, if you need my phone number, but didn't get a text from me, let me know. I don't know why I'm saying that, the only people that call me are my husband and my mom! I'm still trying to get the thing figured out, but my cousin, who has the same phone, assures me I'll get used to it quickly.
~we're getting a puppy! A little girl boxer. I've been waiting for 2 years for the dog of a friend to have a litter, and they're here! My mom is also getting a puppy from this litter, and I'm almost as excited for them as I am for us. My parents had to put down Keida, the boxer they'd had for 10 years, last fall, and it was so sad for all of us. Cameron is a lot less excited, he's not a dog fan. He worries about the girls, and of course the grind of what to do with her when we go out of town, etc. I think every child needs a dog. This is an odd thing in our marriage, to disagree about something. We're usually always on the same page. And this is certainly the first time that I've sort of done what I wanted, regardless of what he says. Don't get me wrong, we haven't argued about it, there's no animosity. His opinion is just, I'd rather not, but whatever. So now we have to come up with a name! We've always named our dogs after Lonesome Dove, and even though Cameron didn't mean to, several years before me, he had a dog and named him Newt, keeping with our trend. We've had a Gus, Maggie, and Jasper. It's harder to do that with girl puppies, because they're aren't many girls in the movie, and the ones that are are all prostitutes! I know there's a Lori and a Clara, which aren't great dog names, but I'm going to watch the movie again and see if there are any more to choose from. Then I'll run them by D'Laney and see what she likes. We haven't told D'Laney yet, because I don't want to have to answer every single day why our puppy isn't home yet.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
On the home front
at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment