Monday, March 21, 2011

I'd love to introduce you, but...



This is Allie. She is the most precious little boxer I've ever seen! My mom picked her up for us last week, and we were finally able to bring her home last night. Because our fence is only half way completed, we rigged up a temporary cage for her to get us through the next couple of days, until Cameron gets home from a job and can finish the fence. When we first put her in it last night, she promptly found a corner and climbed right out. We put a portion of the old fence on top of the cage, cover the two corners that didn't butt up next to the new, wooden fence. We figured she couldn't climb a straight side and wouldn't be able to get out.
At 6:30 this morning, I heard her barking outside, and was so relieved that she was still there! When I went out to feed her at 8, she wasn't.
I don't know what happened. I think that she must have figured out how to climb out again. I really don't think that someone walked into our back yard and took her.
I loaded the girls up and we drove around for an hour and a half looking for her, with no luck. I thought I might ought to feed my own children, so we came home and while they were finally getting their breakfast, I called a friend that works at city hall. No one had seen her or picked her up, but she would sure let all of the water and sewage guys know to keep their eye out for her. I made some fliers, too, and put them up at the convenient store, grocery store, post office, and city hall.
Since we just got her last night, we didn't have a collar or tags on her yet. She didn't even have a name until Friday!
My prayer is that someone saw her running around this morning while they were leaving for work, and took her in until they could look for her owners this evening when they get home. It's now 1:15, and I haven't heard anything yet.
I'm just beyond devastated. D'Laney has been asking about her all day, although she hasn't cried about it (I can't say the same thing about myself.) She keeps saying Where's Allie? Did someone take her? She even told me that Allie would say to them, I'm not your puppy, I'm D'Laney's puppy! That one broke my heart.
Please, please say a little prayer for us. Pray that Allie is safe. Pray that no one stole her. Pray that whomever found her sees a flier and has a kind heart. That they return her and not decide to keep the beautiful, sweet little girl for themselves. Pray for me not to be angry with my husband for not finishing the fence in the 8 weeks that we've known that we were getting her. And mostly, pray that if we don't find her, D'Laney (and her momma) will handle it well.

1 comments:

Briana said...

I'm so sorry. That is so heartbreaking! Praying for yall :)