D'Laney and I went down to Iraan this weekend for a baby shower for the little Grigsby boys. They'll be here next month! Cameron had to work sat so it was just the two of us. We left early friday so we could catch the Iraan Braves football game that night. Cameron's niece Loren is in 7th grade and is marching with the band. D'Laney wore her Braves gear, and as much as I hated it, she looked really cute in black and red. I told my mother-in-law that standing and clapping for the Iraan fight song made me feel like such a traitor. (I hummed a few bars of the Wall fight song to make myself feel better!) We spent saturday morning helping Barbara get ready for the shower. Around lunch, a friend of ours, Keva Fowlkes, came over to take some pictures of D'Laney. She has just gotten into photography and is very, very talented. She has emailed me a couple pictures that she took, and they're wonderful. I can't wait to see the rest of them. The shower went great, Dustin and Amy got a lot of cute stuff for their little ones. D'Laney and I came home right after the shower and spent the rest of the night watching football with Cameron. Sunday, we visited the church in Garden City, went and got some awesome BBQ, then spent all day long laying around watching football. No housework, no phone calls, no nothing, just football. It was great! And this morning, it's storming! What a wonderful way to wake up, I love storms!
I didn't get any pictures from the shower, and I only got a couple from the game. Here's those, the pics that Keva took, and a video of D'Laney singing the itsy bitsy spider with me. Completely ignore the fact that I have a terrible voice. As good as Cameron's voice is, that's how bad mine is. We balance each other in every way!
Actually, it's not letting me post pictures right now. I'll try again later today.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Lazy weekend
at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my goodness . . . as my husband played his guitar the other day, we thought of Cameron and wondered where he was! I was just browsing through friends of my friends blogs and came across your blog . . . saw 'Holifield' . . . thought 'no . . . it couldn't be . . . Cameron?' You don't know me but we know your husband. He was in our wedding 13 years ago now! He and my husband, Bret, were good friends long ago! What a small world it is! Please tell Cameron 'hello' for us! I can't wait to tell Bret . . . he'll be so glad to be 'in touch' with Cameron again after all these years!
Amy- I have put this off for so many years. I really have dreaded this for years.
Like it doesn't bother me to be fat. I'm happy. But I am definitely ready for others to just hush and the only way I can get them to is to lose it.I have been on the thin side of life and people are still not nice.
But I do want to be a better example for my children. So thank you for your support!
Okay, I figured it out . . . I got to your blog via Sarah Hilton's blog! Sarah, her older brother Matt, his wife Aimee and their kids attend church with us! I just love Sarah; she always graciously volunteers to teach a quarter or two in our 2 and 3 year old classes! She's an outstanding teacher . . . not to mention a wonderful aunt! What a small world! How do you know Sarah? Please tell Cameron that Bret says, "hello!" You guys live very close to where I was raised! =)
Post a Comment