Saturday, September 27, 2008

Meet Aubrey

I've begun keeping this precious little girl on Wednesdays. She is 8 weeks old and such a good baby. D'Laney just loves her. I have to watch her like a hawk because she wants to hug and kiss Aubrey all day long, and she doesn't quite understand what it means to be gentle yet. I was very curious to see how D'Laney would adjust. She's very sociable for a baby who stays home with mom all day, but I thought she might have a problem being in her home with some new baby being held by her momma. But she's done really well. She just gets a little upset when she's tired and ready for a nap, and I can't just jump up and get her bottle that second. I think it helps that Aubrey is so good and doesn't cry. Here's a little video of D'Laney talking to Aubrey:


We might have stayed home on a Friday night in September (weird for us, I know) but high school football wasn't far from our minds. Our little cheerleader in training was in full Wall Hawk regalia. I have no doubt this little one is going to make a great cheerleader. She yells all the time and the higher you throw her the happier she is. At Wall, the school buys the cheerleading uniforms and they're passed down from year to year, so Cadye wore some of the same ones I did. This particular top was new my senior year and was our favorite, even though it was one of the most uncomfortable ones we had. Somehow after Cadye's senior year, she ended up with one. I'm not sure if she "forgot" to turn it in or what, but she gave it to me this summer. D'Laney found it in the bottom of my closet last night and Cameron put it on her. I was so proud! She looks great in Wall Hawk green! And it was funny because one of her favorite toys is one of those little footballs they throw after touchdowns. It fit perfectly with the outfit!

4 comments:

Linz said...

Too cute!

Angie said...

Hey girl...I didn't know you blog - I will have to add you to my blog list so I can keep up with the Holifields. You have the CUTEST little girl EVER!!! I hope ya'll are doing great!!!

Laura said...

precious...both of them!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

hahah look at the beautiful cheerleader!! CUte!!