Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weigh in and new do

Today D'Laney saw Dr. Patyrak to follow up on the low weight issue. She now weighs....18 lbs. 8 oz!! Almost 2 pounds in just over 4 weeks! Dr. Patyrak was very, very pleased. Actually, I think he used like 4 very's. We can now wean her off of formula in the next few days and start on whole milk and solid foods. I was so happy. I can tell she's gained, but I was worried it wouldn't have been enough and we'd have to do something else. What else, I don't know, but now I don't have to worry about it.


We also had to get her 12 month boosters today. 5 shots went into my poor baby, and she did not like it and let me know. After each shot she looked at me like, how dare you let these people touch me? I don't think I've ever been glared at by a toddler before. But she only cried for a couple minutes and has been happy go lucky as usual every since. She's a little feverish, but not enough to slow her down. I'm going to keep giving her tylenol through tomorrow just in case. A happy side effect from tylenol is drousiness, so maybe I'll get to sleep through the night! (Does that make me a terrible mom? Wanting my kid doped up so I can sleep?) Oh well!


I also wanted to share these pictures. D'Laney has quite a lot of hair. It's a pretty shade of brown and kind of wavy like her daddy. However, it's all on the back of her head. She's pretty much bald on top. Yesterday she was sitting on my lap watching TV and I got to playing with it, thus...




And she loves this baby doll that Dustin and Amy gave her for her birthday. She carries it around singing to it and gives it hugs and kisses. She's practicing for those little boys!!


Oh yeah!! Cameron is quitting snuff!! He hasn't had a dip all week, as far as I know. If you can't tell, I'm a little excited. I'm so proud of him, I know that this is a hard, hard thing for him.

6 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

The ponytail is sooo cute!! We need to have a girls day again ...

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I just hit the surprise in the book!! :/

Once you figure out the ipod, it's great!! Play with it a little ... I am still learning some new things!!

Kristin said...

Way to go D'Laney! I'm glad to hear she is finally gaining weight. I know that is such a relief to you. And her pictures (and ponytail!!)are too cute!!

Keva said...

Congrats on all your excitement this week. Pony tails, weight gain, and no more dipping. Woohoo...that is a good week!

cls said...

hey girl, my blog is now private. Send me an email at cassandrawebb82@yahoo.com so I can use your email to invite you.

Unknown said...

You're kidding me! I teach with Amy in Rockwall! She teaches bilingual kindergarten. I'm also in grad school with her! How did ya'll meet? Did you see her and Jorge's blog?