Friday, February 6, 2009

Flashback Friday


This is a picture of my house the year it was built, 1907. I just had it retouched and blown up to about a 16"X26". It looks great. There is a garage next to our house that is falling down, so we're going to finish what nature has started and build a nice big garage/storage shed/patio in its place. I'm going to use some of the wood to build picture frames, one for this picture and a couple for a project I have in mind. I also stopped by the museum here in Stanton and found some pictures of the family that built the house. The last surviving member of that family lives in NC, and I got her address from them. I'm going to write her and see if she would mind letting me pick her brain about the history of the house, original layout, when certain renovations took place, etc. She owned the house until '92, when she sold it to the couple that we bought it from. It's pretty neat that a 102 year old house is only on its third owner.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that's really cool Amy! I love the picture!

Shaunna said...

So neat!! You'll have to fill us in if she sends you any info!

Love the picture, and love that you're going to make the frame out of the old barn wood!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yes, great idea!! That is a very neat picture!!