Monday, February 9, 2009

I had a date this weekend!

Actually, it was more like 3 or 4 dates in one day!!
My mom called friday afternoon and asked if she could come get D'Laney for the weekend. So while she spent a few days in Angelo, Cameron and I had a whole weekend to ourselves with nothing planned. I don't think that has happened since D'Laney was born. Saturday morning, I was craving doughnuts, so we headed into Midland. After breakfast, we decided to go see a movie, but we couldn't agree on which one to see, so we said, let's just see both of them. We saw Taken, which was really good, and He's Just Not That Into You, which was OK. After the movies, we still didn't want to go home, so we played Putt Putt. I haven't played in like 15 years, but I still beat Cameron pretty bad, and he plays golf all the time! In all, we ate 3 meals that we didn't have to cook or clean, saw 2 movies, and had 1 riveting round of miniature golf, all in a single day. I haven't even tallied how much money we spent, I don't think I want to know. Sunday we got to sit through an entire sermon without being distracted or having to take the baby out, went to Olive Garden (!), and layed around for the rest of the day. My mom and dad brought D'Laney home around 5:30 and we had supper for my mom's birthday. And then it rained!! Praise the Lord, like all of Texas, we have desperately needed some moisture. All in all, a great weekend!!
This morning Cameron left for New Mexico and should be there about a week. Sometime in the next couple weeks, he'll be going to the Weatherford area for over a month, he's not sure exactly how long. D'Laney and I will go see him while he's there at some point, and hopefully go into Ft. Worth to the zoo and maybe the stockyards, a little mini vacation.
And to sum up this incredibly long winded post, my mom emailed me this video this morning...this is why I love boxers!!

1 comments:

Shaunna said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!! Blake and I still haven't been brave enough to leave Addi with anyone for more than a couple of hours, but maybe one of these days;) Sitting through an entire church service and actually getting to listen to the sermon sounds so wonderful! Glad you and Cameron got to have a date weekend...I think they are much needed!!

And that video is too sweet. We have a boxer named Hoss, and Addi just LOVES him and he loves her too- It's so cute!

PS-I want someone else to try the hair bump thing and tell me if it really works before I buy it! Ha!