We had so much going on this weekend! On friday, D'Laney had her last well baby, and on saturday, we had the rodeo parade, a wedding shower, a wedding, and tickets to the rodeo! Sunday held birthday parties after church, and on monday, our stock show at 8 am. Whew! We were going to be busy! Well, we didn't get all of that accomplished, but we still had a long weekend.
D'Laney's appointment went wonderfully. She weighs 20 lbs and is 30 1/4 inches long. Both put her squarely in the 5%, which is small but proportionate. Dr. Patyrak said she is perfectly healthy and petite and beautiful and he doesn't want to see her again until Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN! That is just 3 1/2 short years away! For some reason, that really hit me hard, that my little bitty baby was just 3 years from school. I don't like this growing up thing, not one little bit. After her appointment we met mom downtown to drop off her truck so that we would have good seats for the rodeo parade on saturday. We did a little shopping, picked up pizza, and went home for the night. The wind blew all night and hadn't let up by the morning, so I decided I didn't want to get D'Laney out in that. We had had a short night and I was tired, so I also skipped the shower I was supposed to go to. Olivia's wedding was that afternoon, and being a Spanish catholic service, I didn't think D'Laney would handle it very well, so I left her with mom and dad. However, both Marlayna and Shyanne had their little girls there, so after the wedding I called my mom and asked her to bring D'Laney to me, which she did. I had a blast catching up with those girls, and Olivia looked beautiful. I think Susan took some pictures, so as soon as I see them, I'll pass a couple on. She got some good ones of D'Laney and Maddie getting reacquainted. I had tickets to the rodeo that night, but since Cameron wasn't going to be able to go with me, it's just not the same without him, so I gave them to Luke and Sam. After church on Sunday both sets of grandparents came out to my parents' to celebrate mom, sam, and Cameron's birthdays. After church that night, a couple families from Bronte my folks have gotten to be pretty good friends with came out to help finish the leftovers. They didn't' leave until after 9, so it was a long day. Monday morning was our hereford heifer show at the fairgrounds. Neither of us ever showed, and neither of us have any experience with herefords, but we've been helping out with the show for several years now. There weren't many kids this year, I guess the economy is making it hard for people to travel, but it was a good show, I always enjoy it. D'Laney got to hang out with my grandmother all morning, and I know they both enjoyed that, too. We came home yesterday afternoon, and will only be here for a day or two, then we're heading back to Weatherford. It's been a long time since Cameron has had to work out of town, and he's sure missing his baby. He probably misses me, too.
Wow, long winded this morning!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Weekend in Angelo
at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so glad you came down!! Had a blast on Saturday!!
Post a Comment