Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ahhhh...

I feel like I can breath better. It's September! The next four months are my favorite time of year. All of my favorite holidays fall in this stretch, except my birthday/St. Patty's day of course, and my favorite seasons are also during this stretch: football, dove, turkey, and deer seasons! Plus, we're just over 3 months from meeting Brynna. And, it's just over 70 degrees right now! I love it!
D'Laney learned a while back how to climb over her gate and get out of her room, so we've just been shutting her door to keep her in (we're not holding her prisoner, the stairs make me nervous at night.) Like everything else in this century old house, the door isn't flush with the frame and doesn't actually close, but we've been able to wedge it in and she hasn't been able to open it.... or so we thought. Sunday night D'Laney really didn't want to go to bed, so her daddy let her lay on the couch with him until she fell asleep, which was around 10. He put her to bed, but left her door open. I reminded myself that I needed to close it when we went to bed, but I forgot. Around 2 in the morning, something woke me up, it sounded like a thud, but I felt it more than I heard it. I thought D'Laney had fallen out of her bed so I went to check on her. But she wasn't in her bed, or in her room at all. I began to get a little scared and thought that maybe she had fallen down the stairs and was unconscious, that's why she wasn't crying, so I flew down the stairs and checked everywhere down here, but she was no where to be found. All the doors were locked and everything was in it's place, so I didn't think that someone had taken her, but I couldn't find her. I went back upstairs and went into our room to wake up Cameron, and I saw her, she was asleep on the floor at the foot of our bed. I have no idea how I didn't step on her when I first got up. I grabbed her off the floor and she woke up a little, but lay her head down and went back to sleep, for about 10 seconds. Then she was awake, and stayed awake for the rest of the night. When I'd put her back in her bed, she'd scream, not just cry, but scream. That, of course, means that I was awake for the rest of the night, and Cameron woke up around 3:30 and was up from then on too. It was a scary night, but ended up just being a frustrating night. We have got to figure out how to keep that kid in her room. Cameron is bringing a plane home today and is going to try to trim where the door catches so maybe we can close it, and hopefully she won't be able to open the knob. That kid!
That kid is also fascinated with her dirty diapers. If I forget to put pants on her, which is often with my mushy brain, the minute she poops, she's got it off and rubbing her hands in it. She doesn't put it anywhere near her face, thank goodness, and doesn't rub it in to many things, except the carpet to get it off of her hands. It is so gross, and so infuriating! It's my fault, I shouldn't leave her without britches on, but she's too old for that! Today was probably the 3 or 4th time she's done this, and that's 3 or 4 times too many!
I seriously need a new camera, though not to take pictures of the dirty diapers! Not a good segue, was it, lol? But I do, mine is completely and totally dead. I can't charge it at all, I'll leave it charging for the recommended 3 hours...nothing, so I'll leave it charging all night...nothing. Because it's several years old, I can't find any replacement parts. So I guess I'm in the market, any ideas? The one I have is Kodak, and I really like the software for it, but that's probably only because I already know how to use it. I don't want to spend much money, but I want a good camera, especially before Brynna gets here. So let me know what y'all have and if you like it. You know I'll have to look at all options before deciding.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have a Kodak too, but mine also won't stay charged so maybe that isn't a good sign. If you find a good one let me know because I'm also in the market for a new one!

JMMSchoenfield said...

I have a Kodak, but have no problems with its battery life. I have the one with the little fat battery's and I bought an extra, so when one goes dead I charge it and put the next one in my camera. Never any downtime! It's great.

The Jones' said...

Have you tried e-bay? I had a kodak easyshare z760 that I passed on to Kailee. I was able to buy batteries for it on ebay stores rather cheap. I even bought one plus a 2G memory card from Hong Kong for around $25. I know, not from America, but $25 compared to $60? Who cares?! Plus we haven't had any trouble with it so far!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I have a sony cybershot and LOVE IT!!

Good luck with keeping that monkey captive! hehe