Potty training is still not going well. All week I have let D'Laney run around buck naked and made her sit on her potty pretty much all day long. Nothing!! I'm pumping juice into that kid like crazy, and still nothing. She's not going in the floor or anything, she's just not going. She'll hold it in until she has a diaper on and then go immediately. The only time I've put diapers on her is if we're leaving the house or she's going to sleep. I had no idea an almost 2 year old's bladder could hold so much! I did a little experiment yesterday and put a pair of big girl panties on her and sure enough, she wet them within minutes. I guess it's something about the security of having something on. I'm wondering if she's really ready for this. She'll tell us after she has gone potty or sometimes while she's actually going, but never before. I think that's kind of key, isn't it? She doesn't recognize the feeling of having to go yet, and doesn't see the correlation of sitting on the potty and actually using it. I think once she does actually use the potty, it's only going to take one or two times and she'll get it and we'll be done. It's just that I'm not a very patient person right now, and this takes a lot of patience. Oh well, December was the deadline I set, right? Surely she'll be done by then.
She did look so grown up in the 47.5 seconds she had those big girl panties on! It's a good thing I have another baby coming, because I'm not handling D'Laney not being a baby anymore very well. I'll completely lose it when my last one gets to this stage!

And I wanted to post this little video. It's kind of dark and I was moving the camera around a lot, so it's not very good. But Cameron made PB&Js for he and D'Laney, then sat at her little table with her to eat them. She just had to sit on the floor like Daddy, though. You think your kids don't watch every single move you make? D'Laney got some PB on her hand, and when Cameron told her to lick it off, she wiped it on her shorts, like she sees Daddy do with everything. Such a monkey-see monkey-do!
Cameron is such a good Daddy. How'd I get so lucky?
PS: 4 more days!!!

3 comments:
Sorry its not going well!! I guess all of us with these girls will be going through it one day. I know Brianne said it takes a lot longer and more time than you would expect. Keep it up!!
Can't wait to find out what the little one is!
When you figure out the 'secret' to the whole potty training thing, please let me know!! Addi is only 14 months old, but she already goes and hides (Under the kitchen table, behind doors, ect.) every time she poops...People keep telling me that's a sign she's ready to potty train...SCARY!! I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet. Hang in there, D'Laney will catch on before you know it!!
I too, am so anxious to find out the gender of Baby Holifield #2!! Yay! :]
Amy she will get it. Be patient. Unfortunately you cannot force these things it will happen just be consistant and remind her how big girls like her cousins go potty. That was helpful with Kat.
Post a Comment