Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update

Well, potty training didn't go so hot. D'Laney would sit there for a long time as long as I was sitting beside her, reading books, singing, and talking to me. I didn't want her to sit there for hours so the plan was to sit in 15 minute increments. 4 different times we'd sit there, nothing would happen, the 15 minutes would be up so I'd put a pull up on her and she'd wet it within seconds! I mean, literally seconds. We haven't spent much time at home today so I didn't stick to a schedule, she's sat a couple of times with no results. I'm not sure I like what we tried, so I'm going to read up on different techniques and see if there's a better way. I'm not really in a huge hurry, it's just yesterday was a complete waste of a day and I can't stand that. I haven't tried the completely naked all day technique yet, I think I'll try it tomorrow. I'm not sure if she knows to tell me that she's about to go, but I guess that's part of learning. I'll probably be wishing our whole house was linoleum by this time tomorrow! I also think I should move her potty into the bathroom. I had it in the living room because I felt bad, if I was going to make her sit still for most of the day, she should at least be able to watch her favorite movies. Well, she didn't even pay attention to the TV and was just interested in her books, and she can read those in the actual bathroom. So we'll see how the next few days go. Wish us luck!




This is how we started the day, everything nice and neat with her potty and wipes and a organized tub full of books. I didn't get the picture of how we ended the day, but it was nothing like this!




We got these flash cards a while back. They have animals and things around the house on them, and are cut up into two puzzle pieces. They're really neat, but D'Laney is a little young to use them how they were intended. I had the box of them hidden under her books (why I didn't put them up in her closet, I'm not sure.) and when I got all of her books into the living room, they were exposed. She opened the box and scattered them all across her play room. Twice. This was right after I had picked them all up the first time, including finding all the matching pieces, and put the box on the table, which I thought was out of her reach. Wrong, and her smug little, What? face was pretty cute. As I took the picture she was walking off very non-chalant and left them for me to pick up again. Needless to say, they are now on a very high shelf in her closet.

1 comments:

Lauri Anne said...

We have started going to Johnson Street. I am so that I won't get to see you though!