Wednesday, September 16, 2009

long long long weekend

Bullets in chronological order? Yeah, that'll work, hehe...

  • Friday D'Laney and I packed up and headed to Angelo. We made it to Miles in time for most of the Bulldogs pep rally and got to see my dad for a minute before the team left for Roby. They lost 21-12 in a downpoor, but they're showing improvements every game. After the pep rally Mom and I went to town and I finally got a new camera. I found a FANTASTIC deal on a Nikon. I'm not sure if I really like it yet, though. I'm not sure how to do the settings and it takes a long time to actually take the picture. But it's red and it was a great price and the few pictures that I took this weekend turned out alright, so it'll definitely do. We went to Wall's homecoming that night and got to see lots of folks I haven't seen in a very long time. I didn't know the girl that won Queen, but I knew most of the girls on the court, and I canNOT believe that they're all seniors! I'm getting so old! This year is 8 years out of high school... unbelievable. We blew out Ozona, always enjoyable, and it didn't pour on us, there was just a light drizzle every now and then.
  • Cadye and I got up Saturday morning and took D'Laney to the Cotton Fest parade, where we met Cameron. He got off of work too late to make it to the game, so he just decided to spend the night at home and meet us in the morning, and D'Laney was so excited to see her daddy when he got there! We watched what we could of the parade from the car, but decided it was raining too hard to stay, so we went back to my parents house and spent the rest of the day watching college football. Not a bad day, at all!
  • After church Sunday and a great lunch, Cameron had to get back to get ready for the work week, so after he left we spent the rest of the day napping and reading. I read the latest Nicholas Sparks book The Last Song. It was ok, totally predictable and definitely geared toward a younger audience, but it's been a very long time since I was able to read a book in two days, and it was wonderful. D'Laney played with my folks and I holed up in a room by myself. It'll be the last time that I'll be able to do that for a long time, I'm sure! The movie should be out before too long, and even though I can't stand Miley Cyrus ( I think she's getting a little too big for her britches) I'll probably see it.
  • Monday D'Laney and I hung out at my parents while everyone went back to work. We went to town that evening to get diapers and meet Lucas and Paige at Charcoal house. Even though that place isn't as good as it was when I was little, I still love their steak fingers dipped in their BBQ sauce.
  • Tuesday D'Laney and I met my mother in law and her sister in town for lunch and then they watched her while I went to my doctor's appt. Everything looked great! I don't know why that always surprises me. Brynna is measuring exactly where she should be, not big for her age at all. I asked the doc about her measuring big before, and not now, and she said that she was never so big that it was considered "large," that she was always still within the normal range. I laughed and said you could have fooled me, I feel and look huge! She said that I really look like I should, but I feel so big because in my first pregnancy, I drew the black bean (her words) and had such a huge baby that my stomach muscles are shot to hell (again, her words!) They're so stretched and went back to what they think are a normal position, but that I'm really right where I should be. I gained 6 lbs this month, which is a lot, but I've only gained 13 total, and I'm well over half way done, so she's pleased with that. I can tell I've gained a lot, other parts of my body besides my tummy are starting to catch up and grow! I also have a ring worm on my leg. It's really weird, I've never had one and have no idea how one actually gets one (I always thought it had something to do with cats, which I hate and always avoid.) She told me to put Lotramin on it and it should go away in a couple of weeks. And she told me to stop scratching it! We scheduled the C-section for Monday, December 14th, so it's official, that'll be Brynna's birthday! At our next appointment, we'll do the 3D sono and the diabetes test, which I'm kinda nervous about. That appt. is in 2 weeks, which I thought was strange. I don't really remember, but it seems awful early to start going every 2 weeks. However, I will be 28 weeks then, and I know they like to do the glucose test right at 28, so that could be why. After the appt I picked up D'Laney and made the very long drive home. It's always 3 times farther to get home after several days away.
  • Tomorrow we might be headed back to Angelo for a funeral, I haven't decided yet. But we are definitely staying home this weekend. Two in a row away from home is as much as I can take, I'm really becoming a home body. Texas plays Tech saturday night, though, and I can't think of a better place to be than on my couch with my studdly husband, in front of our 56" screen watching the Horns dismantle the Raiders.
  • I'll post some pictures later today. I kept forgetting that I actually have a camera again and would forget to get it out, but I got a few good ones.

89 days!!!

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yeah, I have my diabetes test on the 12th of oct. Not excited about that! She said no sugary things for breakfast!! hehe makes sense!