Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Randomness

  • 2 post on consecutive days... what's gotten into me?
  • D'Laney insisted on wearing jeans to town today, because momma was. Of course, the biggest pair we had was too small, so I decided that, since the weather was going to be getting a little cooler soon (I hope) that I'd go ahead and get her a couple pairs while at Target today. I could have spent a fortune. All of their fall clothes are out and are so cute! Little sweaters and cardigans and boots... I love it! And all in D'Laney sizes, I didn't even make it to my section, but I won't be wearing a whole lot of fashionable stuff this fall or winter, at least nothing that doesn't come from Motherhood. I did see some super cute boots that I will still be able to wear, though.
  • I did my grocery shopping at Albertson's instead of Wal-Mart. I am so in love with that store. I liked the way it was layed out and they have absolutely everything! I haven't compared prices yet, so I might not be shopping there much, but I sure hope there's not much difference.
  • We had a little bit of a scare yesterday. Well, it wasn't really a scare, but I was sure scared. I didn't feel Brynna move, like, at all, all day long. She usually moves constantly, whether I'm still or washing dishes or whatever. When I put D'Laney down I layed on the couch for almost an hour, she usually moves the most when I'm laying on my back, and only felt her move once or twice, and it was very faint at that. I have always been told that if it's a dramatic decrease in movement that I should call, so I did. Around 4, I called the doctor's office just to see if there was something that I had done or eaten, or not eaten, that would make her more still. The nurse said that it's pretty normal at this stage to not feel her so much everyday, but that I should take it very easy for the rest of the day and call back this morning if I still hadn't felt anything. It kinda aggravated me, I felt like she wasn't really listening to what I had been telling her, how much of a decrease the movement was from every single day for the last several weeks. But I did what she said, Cameron fixed supper and I ate a big meal and then went to bed as soon as D'Laney did, right after 9. I still wasn't feeling anything, and was getting a little more concerned, but around 10:30 she got to jumping around. I still didn't feel any kicks, but she was definitely doing something in there, backflips, I guess. Today she's been pretty active for most of the morning, but with all the running around in town and what not, I haven't felt much this afternoon. I'm sure she's doing fine, and I'm sure that I way overreacted, but something just wasn't right, and I trust that mother's intuition completely. I go back in a couple weeks, and I might request that she put me on the heart monitor so we can really make sure that there's no fluctuation. We'll see what the doc says.

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

The night before Addi was born she was moving around like CRAZY...She was always a mover, but this was constant moving...Non-stop. It was really strange. I just felt that something wasn't right...When I went into labor the next day, there was meconium present in the amniotic fluid...Meconium can sometimes mean that the baby is distressed. Thankfully everything was fine, but I really think all that non-stop, crazy movement the night before was a sign that Addi was in some sort of distress. I totally agree with you about a mother's intuition!!

Glad your Brynna girl back to her jumping, backflipping, self!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

As I was reading your story, my little one was kicking like crazy! That made me feel better!

I didn't know when I should start monitoring his kickig ... but i definitely notice some days he doesn't kick as much as others! but it's still a couple times a day!!

Sorry for the scare!!

Amy said...

I remember those scary moments! Glad everything is okay! We won't be in Iraan this weekend - we're headed to my family's for my mom's birthday. Y'all have a good time and we'll see you soon!