I don't really have much to blog about.
We had an open house Sunday that saw a total of 0 people show up. Oh, well. I think we're going to give it a couple more weeks, then just take the house off the market for a few months. At least I know where I'll be bringing my new baby home.
This means that I can throw myself into getting the girls' rooms done. (Anyone know a good seamstress?) Cameron doesn't know it yet, but this also means that starting next week, he'll be moving furniture. I can also start getting all of D'Laney's infant clothes out and sorted to see what we'll need to buy for Brynna. With Brynna coming in December, she'll need a lot more warm clothes than D'Laney did in August. I'm excited to get them all out and see them again. D'Laney had some of the cutest, sweetest little outfits, and I'm so glad we get to use them again.
We're going to Angelo for the weekend. We have a dr. appt friday morning, and my aunt and uncle are in this week from Idaho, great timing! My mom's dad, PapaDeere, is in the hospital, too, which isn't such great timing, but ironic timing that Uncle Ben just happened to be coming in for his once every two years visit. I am excited to see Uncle Ben and Aunt Kenda and introduce them to D'Laney. The last time they were here was the Christmas that we found out we were expecting her, so they've never met her.
I'm nervous about this doctor's visit. We get the 3D sono, which I'm so excited about, but I also take the glucose test. For some reason, I'm really scared about it. 2 or 3 times I've had pretty high sugars in my urine and they've pricked my finger, and that always came back normal, but on the high end of normal. If I do have gestational diabetes, it will be very hard to manage given my food allergies. There are only a few things that I can eat, and most of them are high carbs, which turn into sugars even faster when you're pregnant. I'm sure everything will be fine, I'm just anxious about it.
Today we're 28 weeks and have only 75 days to go! And I'm getting so ready. I'm having a ton of braxton-hicks, my back is getting very very sore, and I'm not sure that my stomach can stretch much further. I know it can, I've seen it do it, but that's how it feels right now, and I'm really not even all that big! It's not the skin that's hurting, it's all the muscles underneath. Sleeping is becoming more difficult, there is no comfortable way to lay, so Tylenol PM is added to my nightly pill regimen, and it helps a lot with the sleeping and the back pain. Other than those minor complaints that I whine about all day long, I actually feel pretty good. My legs aren't swelling, any heartburn I get goes away with tums in a matter of minutes, and I have a little bit more energy. The reason for that, though, is that when D'Laney naps, no matter what needs to be done in the house, I nap, too. I have to, otherwise when Brynna gets here and I'm sleeping even less, I'll surely have some sort of a breakdown. I need sleep, and lots of it, so I'd better store up now. Brynna moves constantly, still, and I can see almost every movement. I can tell she's growing because it's more like stretches now than kicks, although every now and then she'll kick me really really hard and take my breath away. Yesterday she planted a foot right in one of my ribs and just left it there. I tried moving it gently, then not so gently, but she wasn't budging, she stayed for about an hour, then just rolled over and went to sleep, I think, she was pretty still for a while. Right now she has the hiccups, it's so funny to me.
Well, I guess I had more to blog about than I thought. And after torturing everyone long enough with no pictures at all, I promise to never post again without at least one, even if it's just a random shot of our daily lives.
Cameron and D'Laney are so close and have so much fun together. His favorite form of torture for her, however, is to "play his guitar" He holds her arm up and tickles her ribs and sings a silly song about a chicken or a frog or something, it's hard to hear because she's always laughing so hard! (Please excuse the massive dip that's about to fall out of my husband's mouth.)

2 comments:
Thank you SO MUCH for the link to your friend's blog! That was so nice of you! Her display looks great! I plan on contacting her about it. You're the best!
We will be in Miles friday night for their football game. Rotan is where my uncle is superintendent. Didn't know if you all would be there.
Post a Comment