Monday, October 19, 2009

2 big milestones

I started this post on friday, it's now monday morning! better late than never! I'm going to try to catch up on blogging today, but not all in one post.

OK, so they weren't that big. Wednesday we hit 30 weeks, AND it so happened to fall on the 14th, which is exactly 2 months before Brynna graces us with her presence. The 30's is the last stage for me, I won't hit the 40 week mark, so I'm definitely on the home stretch. Just a few more weeks, but we're actually counting down by days. Even Cameron will say, only 6o some odd days left! I think he's as ready for me to not be pregnant anymore as I am.

I had a doctor's appointment today and everything looks great. Although I feel huge, I've still only gained 18 lbs at this point. I was a little shocked by that. I've been having a ton, I mean a TON, of Braxton-Hicks contractions, so she wanted to check me to make sure that they weren't real contractions and that everything was still nice and closed, which it was. I didn't think there would be anything to worry about, D'Laney was 9 lbs, a week over due, and I never dilated or thinned or anything, so I certainly didn't expect to be this time either. She does want me to be very aware of any and all signs of premature labor. Being the second kiddo, who is bigger than the first, apparently makes my chances go up, but she said she doesn't expect it, just to be aware of it. She said a woman's best friend, gravity, is to blame for all the contractions and ligament pain in my stomach and back. So I'll just have to tough it out, and it should all be fine as soon as Brynna is born. She put me on a few restrictions when it came to carrying D'Laney, mostly just avoid carrying her on the stairs and try not to pick her up too often during the day. I'll be on a whole lot after the surgery, so I'm trying to get as much cuddle time in as I can right now, even though D'Laney won't stand for it. It's just too dang bad, she's going to give me some hugs and sugars whether she likes it or not!

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

yeah for the 30's ... we hit those on SUNDAY!! With the nursery basically done ... i am REALLY starting to get excited!!