Whew! What a weekend! It'll take me all week to recover!
We had a weekend full of doctor's appointments, catching up with friends and family, lots of football, and a little shopping, but no rest! I enjoyed every second of this weekend, but I wasn't very kind to my circulatory system (quote from a movie, any one know it?!)
Friday's appointment went really well. Cameron was able to take off and go with me, and since he was there, we just kept D'Laney with us instead of having someone watch her. I thought she'd be really interested in the sono, she loves sitting with me at the computer and looking through old pictures, but she couldn't care less. Brynna looks great... well, what we could see looks great. She kept her hands in front of her face the whole time. My little wiggle worm decided to take a nap and not budge for the entire sonogram. We saw a pretty good profile, though, and she looks exactly like D'Laney! She's a little thinner in the cheeks, but through the eyes and nose and mouth, you'd think we were looking at a pic of D'Laney. It was awesome to see, even though I knew that's exactly what she'd look like. I told Cameron a while back that I think our girls will look like twins separated by 2 1/2 years. She is completely and perfectly healthy, and big... I mean BIG!!! On friday, her gestational age was 28 weeks, 2 days, and she was measuring 29 weeks, 6 days, which is huge right now. She weighs 3 lbs, 3 oz, but she didn't say and I didn't ask how long she is. That's a little bigger than D'Laney was at this stage! (you know, 9lb .4 oz, D'Laney!)
When we got in to the doctor, she said that she expects another 9lb-er. I said, well, maybe not since we'll take her almost 2 weeks early, and her response? Uh... if not, she'll be very close! When I was telling her about all the pain I've been having, the back pain, the Braxton-Hicks, what feels like a tear right above my belly button, she just smiled and said all of that was because I have another HUGE baby in my belly. She said the tear that I'm feeling is stomach muscles separating to make room for the baby, more like a hernia than a muscle tear, and that there's nothing to do for it, and it'll go back to normal after the baby's born. The Braxton-Hicks are nothing to worry about unless they become more painful and more regular, and the back pain will be around until I'm no longer picking up kids... ya know, 10 years from now! The whole visit, we had D'Laney in the room with us, and she was her usual busy self. She was very good, just busy, getting into things and climbing the walls, etc. As we were leaving, Dr. Hajovsky laughed and said, "No wonder you're in so much pain!" I agreed, and said that living in a 2 story didn't help things either, and she just patted my knee and said in her most sympathetic voice that I don't have much longer. I expect that it won't be too long before she'll put me on some sort of restrictions when it comes to carrying D'Laney, especially up and down the stairs, but she didn't say anything about it this time. This visit was the first of my every two weeks visits, and I don't remember when we'll start the weekly visits, but I don't think I'll have many of those since we're going in so early. Oh well, it's a good thing I like driving...oh wait, I hate driving!
I'd fill you in on the rest of the weekend, but it wasn't anything exciting. Dad had a kid break his arm really bad friday night, and I feel really terrible for the kid, but oh my goodness, it looked so cool! It was like, a Z pattern. He spent many hours in surgery friday night and saturday morning, and will set off a metal detector a mile away now, and I really do feel really bad for Zane, but he's a tough kid, and he's just a junior, so hopefully he'll be able to play again at the most, regain complete use of his arm and hand at the least.
I have some pictures of Brynna and a few from D'Laney from this weekend, but I'll post them later today, I've got too much housework to catch up on to spend anymore time on here!
Monday, October 5, 2009
"No wonder you're in so much pain..."
at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I saw your sono pics on facebook, and I agree, Miss Brynna looks a lot like her big sister D'Laney! We could tell that Addi looked just like Blake at our 3-D sono too! Isn't it amazing?? Glad your appointment went well- Sorry about all your 'big baby' pains! Hope it gets better soon!
It really is going fast!! We start showers in less than a month ... and i am also taking maternity at the end of this month!!! i can't wait until we both have our littles ones to cuddle with!! :)
I think Mama needs a break! :)
I know how you feel. I never had any pain with Caleb, but with carrying him and going up and down stairs for the first 6 months of this pregnancy, it has definitely made my hips hurt. Hope you get to feeling better.
Post a Comment