Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ATTENTION!!! ADVICE NEEDED!!!!!

Got your attention, huh? I knew if I said I needed advice, I'd get more looks. Everyone is always willing to offer their opinion and advice about things, solicited or not. Well I am definitely soliciting!
My friend Susan is expecting her first baby in a few weeks, and we were talking the other day about the hospital stay, what I wish I would have done differently, etc. She said "if you have any more tidbits, pass them on!" She's so right, you can read all the books you want, browse countless websites, but there's nothing like real life experience advice from people you know. Those books and sites are written by people in LA and NYC anyway, what do they know about having a new born in West Texas?! So here's what I'm doing, and what I'm going to ask all of you to do: I'm going to break it up into several posts, and offer what little knowledge I've accumulated in my short time as a momma, things I learned with D'Laney and things I wish I'd learned that I can use this time around. I'd like for you to leave comments here, or even post yourselves. Tips, advice, tricks, anything you can think of. And this isn't just for Susan, no matter how new of a mom you are, you can always learn something new, or be reminded of something old.
Here are some of the categories that I'll touch on:

  • surviving the last few weeks of pregnancy
  • what to take to the hospital
  • what to do at the hospital
  • the first few weeks
  • navigating the cold and flu season
  • out and about town
  • breastfeeding tricks

That's really all I can think of right now, but I'm sure each of you could add more, so DO!!

I'll start later tonight, right now I have to make a dash to walmart for some dimatap and a humidifier! (tip: already have these things!!!) I'm excited!! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, AMY!! I can't wait to hear all the advice!! :)

Shaunna said...

This will be fun! Great idea!

The Boyd Gang said...

Bring it on!!! I can't wait to hear how other mothers try and remain sane with small children!

Unknown said...

Yay! I can't wait to read your posts!