
Pumpkin patch and hay ride with the Sheffield church. Not a fantastic picture of us (the photography is good, just not the subjects!), but I can't remember the last time the three of us had a pic of any kind taken. You might notice that Cameron is having a difficult time quitting dipping, lol. But it's ok, I'm having a hard time getting off my butt so I can lose weight.
This girl loves to dance! Any time any music comes on, and I mean any music, be it on the radio or just a little commercial, she starts to boogie. Right now it's cute, but there is some serious shimmying going on that we're going to have to have discussions about in a few years.
D'Laney has begun trying to say her name. It sounds an awful lot like daddy, but the majority of what she says sounds like daddy. We're also starting with the please and thank yous. Please sounds like, you guessed it, daddy, but she's beginning to get thank you down. Just a minute ago she said it without being prompted when I handed her some juice. Cameron and I really make an effort to say things like to each other so that our kids will hear it on a daily basis and it just becomes second nature. We'll see how that works...
And finally, today I let D'Laney try to feed herself completely on her own. She did really well, only about 1/4 of the food ended up on her, the chair, floor, me, etc...the rest went in her mouth. When she was done, I did the cold weather version of hosing her down, naked in the sink with the sprayer. As she's learning new things, so am I. Like don't wear socks when she's eating something mushy, because no matter how careful you tiptoe around, your feet will find the food on the floor. And that not only will the kiddo need to change clothes, so will I. Do they make bibs for moms? And I'm going to have to break down and get a swiffer. My old fashioned broom and mop is not very practical with what I've got to clean up on a daily basis. I need a little hand vac too, maybe one of those cute cones or curves.
And when it was all said and done...

8 comments:
Those videos were absolutely wonderful!! So FUNNY!!! Thanks for sharing! Next time you are down, we need to get the girls together for a lunch!!
I loved watching D'Laney boogie! So cute!!
Haha, that girl has got some rhythm! I loved the one where she said/waved "bye bye". PRECIOUS!
Love it! Hayden was "talking" to her when I watched the videos.
WELL of course I think Dancing D'Laney is wonderful, but really really like the family photo!
Lovin' the whole 'Halloween Blog' look; very cute! (I haven't blogged in forever . . . getting addicted to facebook . . . so now I'm playing CATCHUP!) Great to see a family photo of the three of you; Bret and I have been wanting to see one! Tell Cameron 'hello' for us!
Yes, a small world, indeed!! =) Although I've known Missy (yes, I still call her Missy Hawkins too!) forever, I never knew her husband or his family! We've known the wonderful Hawkins family for quite some time . . . way back from our Midland days. I'm thinking I was in Jr. High and Missy was in elementary school when we first met . . . my memory is not the greatest! Pam was even one of my dad's secretaries for a while! And years later, Bret had Brent in his cabin at Camp Blue Haven one summer . . . and Bret came along a few times with me to babysit Brent in Abilene while we were in college! Love that family! I'm sure we'd find more connections . . . always a small world! =) So, how did you and Cameron meet? We'll have to all meet up sometime; Bret would enjoy seeing Cameron again! (I need to send you a few pictures we have of Cameron from long ago . . . college, our wedding, etc!) I'm sort of a 'picture packrat' . . . I keep everything! =)
The videos were adorable! I think the family photo is great too. I was fun to get to see you at Fiddlestick.
Post a Comment