Monday, November 3, 2008

Looking back and ahead

Bullets about the weekend:

  • We didn't do a costume for halloween. D'Laney is too little to trick or treat, and we still don't know the neighborhood all that well, so we decided to stay home and hand out candy instead. She did have a super cute "Daddy's under my spell" shirt that she was wearing, so we were a little festive.

  • Cameron had to work all weekend:(

  • Saturday my mom came to see us. We didn't do much, just went into town and did a little shopping, but it's always fun when we have visitors.

  • Saturday night, well, I still can't talk about it.

  • Sunday I finally got to see sweet little Eli and Landon. Dustin and Amy were able to bring their boys home and since my mom was here, she watched D'Laney for me and I drove over to see them. Even though D'Laney hasn't been sick a day in her life, I don't want to take a chance on her passing anything on to the boys. She'll just have to wait a few more weeks before she can attack them with kisses. I'm going to go back over there tomorrow to help Amy all that I can. Dustin has to go back to work tomorrow and their Nana can't be there until Wednesday, so tomorrow D'Laney's Nana (Cameron's mom) is coming to hang out with her so I can go back to Snyder.

I'm having a hard time not worrying about the election tomorrow. I don't really worry a whole lot about anything, probably to a fault, but I try really hard to just do something about the things that I can and leave the worrying to God. Tomorrow, though... I am fervently praying that the people of this great country will make the right decision.

This election is really having an effect on me. I'm not a mean or confrontational person, I hate confrontation. I don't even send food back if it's not cooked right, but today I was confrontational. As I was leaving the bank this morning a car pulled in beside me with Obama stickers all over the windshield. I guess I was making a face as I was reading them, because when the woman got out and saw me she gave me the worst go-to-hell look I've ever seen. I don't know what came over me but I looked her square in the eye and said "Are you sharing the wealth?" I was immediately embarrassed and turned around and got in my car without looking back. I can't believe I said that!! I avoid eye contact with strangers, I certainly don't try to pick fights with them! What is this election doing to me?!

5 comments:

Linz said...

I am a non-confrontational person too, but we all have our days. I had one today as you can see from my latest post. When you're passionate about something it's hard to let it go. I probably would have said the same so don't feel bad!

Shaunna said...

I love it Amy! I'm as non-confrontational as they come, but it's true, we all have our days;)

The Holik's said...

Don't feel bad!! I just feel like if democrats had brains they would be republicans!! Now, how bad is that. And i think that any time I see an Obama sign.

I don't know what we are going to do if he wins. I am seriously scared about it.

Parker Life said...

Oh Amy I have never worried about election or anything but I am this year. I too HATE confrontation. But this year is so different than in the past. It is no longer about issues. It's more than that. I blogged about it today.
love ya and give those baby nephews of mine hugs I would love to see them. And give Amy one too for me. And D'laney!
Love ya
Amber

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yes, we all have those days!! Especially here at the end ...

We just have to keep praying ... God is big! He can move mountains ... we just have to have faith!! :)