Friday, November 19, 2010

I won!!!!

I absolutely love the Pioneer Woman.
I enter all of her giveaways, and yesterday I actually won! I couldn't believe it, I never win anything! Ever!
The giveaway was for these lovely ladies

To enter her giveaways, you have to answer a question, and the question was "who would you give these boots to?" I don't wear boots like this. My calves have always been too big, even when they were all muscle. And I don't like the skinny jeans tucked into boots on me. On other girls, it's adorable, I love it. But I just don't think I have the body type. So the answer was pretty easy for me, I'd give them to my sister. However, when I won, I thought, do I really want to give them to Cadye? They are awfully nice boots, maybe I would wear them myself. In reality, though, I knew that they would be wasted on me. In the rare event that I did wear them, they'd be under bootcut jeans, so you'd see about 4 inches of the boot. And I have some nice pairs of cowboy boots that I wear 99% of the time, anyway. It would be pointless for $300 boots to sit in my closet and rot.
So, my sister gets a pretty awesome Christmas gift. Or birthday, since that's in a couple weeks, it depends on when the boots actually come in.

3 comments:

Delectable Flair said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Those boots are darling! I need to start entering some of her give-a-ways! Hope all is well with your beautiful little family! :)

Shaunna said...

Wow!!! She always has so many people enter her giveaways---Crazy that you won!! I'm the same way with those kind of boots though---My calves have always been way too big, and I REFUSE to wear skinny jeans! Ha!! Think they're super cute though---What a lucky gal your sister is:)

Krista said...

Wow, you won? Awesome! Love those boots!! I also love PW; some friends and I were able to meet her last year at a local book signing and she was GREAT! I make a lot of her recipes especially this time of the year. Bret enjoyed catching up with Cameron; it's been too long! If you guys ever head this way, please give us a call . . . it would be fun to have you guys over or at least meet up! Many Blessings this holiday season ~