Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

Let me start off by saying that I despise halloween. I have always hated halloween. My husband, on the other hand, gets all giddy and googly eyed about it. How does this marriage work, I ask you!
Anyway, halloween has become a bit more bearable with the addition of the girls. This year was the first year that D'Laney was really aware of any of it, and a lot of it really scared her. I'm hoping next year she'll understand it's all pretend. We're still having to assure her that there are no ghost in her room or monsters in the bathroom when the light is off.
When I asked D'Laney what she wanted to dress up as, she answered princess without hesitation. And she wanted to wear the dress and tiara from her birthday party. For Brynna, I decided to recycle D'Laney's first costume, a chili pepper. D'Laney was just a few weeks old, and wore it for about 2 minutes while I took pictures and that was it. So we managed to not spend a dime on costumes. We more than made up for it in candy and favors for the church party. Each family was assigned a booth, and I had the ring toss. I ordered a large balloon spider and twisted and taped pipecleaners to make sturdy legs to toss the rings onto. I also decided to bring 3 little light up pumpkins for the really little kids, and it's a good thing I did. About 5 seconds after I had everything set up and took a picture, my balloon spider popped. Thank goodness for those little pumpkins!


The party was a lot of fun. Cameron and the other men made a haunted house out of the classroom wing of the building, and I don't know if the kids had fun going through it, but I know that all the men had a blast putting it on. Mom, Cadye, and her boyfriend Wade came up for the weekend and got to see the girls all dressed up.
So overall, it was a good weekend, but I'm soooooo glad it's over now.



Poor Brynna, the things we make our kids go through to get a cute picture!


Princess D'Laney


This is the first picture we've taken of the 4 of us since Brynna was just a few days old! (that's almost 11 months, if you're counting.)

2 comments:

Delectable Flair said...

That picture is adorable! What a cute little Mom you are! :o)

Linz said...

I don't like Halloween either, but it made it made it more bearable this year when Hayden was so excited. That makes it worth it.

Precious girls!